+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    BSc (Hons) Computer Science, A+, Network+, Security+, DCSE, MCP, CCENT, CCNA.

Default Best CCNA security book

So, I need people's help! I am studying the Security track right now. My company has a subscription to INE's library, so that helps out a lot. However, I find I retain the most information when I watch a video, and then read about it. I looked on Amazon and saw they have the Cisco book, however, it doesn't appear to have great reviews. Can anyone make any recommendations?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Member

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec, CCNA CyberOps
    The Cisco book isn't great so what I do if I want to read up on a topic is do a search for it on the cisco website. For example if I want to know more about root guard I would do a search in google for rootguard site:cisco.com or for DHCP Snooping site:cisco.com

The cisco guides are usually very good if I still want more then a general google search might bring up some results from blogs that have writen about it.

Best of luck.
    Neon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I appreciate the information. I just purchased Chris Bryant's guide, plus the INE videos at work. While I work with security tools at my job, I think just watching the videos should be good enough. Fingers crossed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member
    FWIW, I recently passed and would not have done so without the Boson Exam Sim. I highly recommend going through the 4 practice exams and spend significant time in the details given.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Perfect, thank you for the recommendation!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeshells View Post
    FWIW, I recently passed and would not have done so without the Boson Exam Sim. I highly recommend going through the 4 practice exams and spend significant time in the details given.
    I second this. CBT Nuggets and the Boson ExamSim were my primary sources.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks