+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    BSc (Hons) Computer Science, A+, Network+, Security+, DCSE, MCP, CCENT, CCNA.

Default Best CCNA security book

So, I need people's help! I am studying the Security track right now. My company has a subscription to INE's library, so that helps out a lot. However, I find I retain the most information when I watch a video, and then read about it. I looked on Amazon and saw they have the Cisco book, however, it doesn't appear to have great reviews. Can anyone make any recommendations?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec
    The Cisco book isn't great so what I do if I want to read up on a topic is do a search for it on the cisco website. For example if I want to know more about root guard I would do a search in google for rootguard site:cisco.com or for DHCP Snooping site:cisco.com

The cisco guides are usually very good if I still want more then a general google search might bring up some results from blogs that have writen about it.

Best of luck.
    Neon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I appreciate the information. I just purchased Chris Bryant's guide, plus the INE videos at work. While I work with security tools at my job, I think just watching the videos should be good enough. Fingers crossed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member
    FWIW, I recently passed and would not have done so without the Boson Exam Sim. I highly recommend going through the 4 practice exams and spend significant time in the details given.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Perfect, thank you for the recommendation!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, A+, Network+, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeshells View Post
    FWIW, I recently passed and would not have done so without the Boson Exam Sim. I highly recommend going through the 4 practice exams and spend significant time in the details given.
    I second this. CBT Nuggets and the Boson ExamSim were my primary sources.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks