+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec

Thumbs up CCNA Sec 210-260 Passed

Hi all,I passed the 210-260 exam yesterday on my second attempt.

Resources I used:

OCG (Not great but still worth a read through)
    CBT Nuggets CCNA Security course
    31 Days before your CCNA Security exam
    INE CCNA Security course (Didn't like the instructor so used CBT mainly)
    Boson Practice exam
    GNS3 for creating my own labs (some of which are on www.cybersecuritylabs.net)

This cert was a bit of a challenge mainly because work was getting in the way and also the OCG wasn't great I think it was missing a lot of details from it i.e. what was asked in the exam wasn't covered in the book. Serious lack of 802.1x information for example, also I thought the BYOD and MDM weren't covered enough.That all said, I am glad it is done now and I can move on.

It was too long in the making for me I'll have to be more focused for my next cert which looks like it will be the CCNA Cybersecurity Ops.

Neonman
    Last edited by neonman; 09-27-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    GSEC, CCENT, CCNA
    Congrats!!! How do you rate the CBT Nuggets for this course? Was all your prac done on GNS3, no real equipment?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP CEH CCNP Security
    Quote Originally Posted by kye.davey View Post
    How do you rate the CBT Nuggets for this course?
    I looked through the CCNA-Sec CBTNuggets course a few months ago. My impression was that it's comprehensive and the instructor is good, and goes into good detail on most topics.
    Although it was designed for the 210-260 exam, it's an older course at this point (unless they updated it recently) so I wouldn't depend on that exclusively. Still, it's a solid resource.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec
    @kye.davey

Yes, all my labs were done through GNS3. You can get the ASA up and running on it with access to the ASDM GUI which is really good, plus the L2 Switches support most if not all the security features that are tested on the exam like, port security, DHCP snooping, DAI, 802.1X, BPDU Guard, Root Guard, PVLAN, AAA authentication etc

You can also run Kali Linux on GNS3 to launch attacks against your topology and test your security features you have enabled etc.

CBT Nuggets was very good but as another poster has mentioned you have to watch old videos for the previous version of the cert or CCNP level videos. Saying all that it was better than INE in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA CCNA Voice CCNP (+CSPFA, QoS, & CCIE R&S written), MCSA/MCSE on Win2k , Network+, Security+.
    Congrats, and good luck on the next one.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Congrats!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks