+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Voice, CCNA Security, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCP, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by knwminus View Post
    For the next few weeks I will be adding notes about the CCNA:S on my humble blog. knwminus' journey Hopefully I will cap this off at the end of the month with a "I passed" post and my notes will be helpful to someone.
    Nice one, was going to blog about my certs but I haven't got the time, the exam date is a bit short so I need to study instead. I'll blog about it afterwards (if I pass that is).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikem2te View Post
    Nice one, was going to blog about my certs but I haven't got the time, the exam date is a bit short so I need to study instead. I'll blog about it afterwards (if I pass that is).
    Cool. I am looking forward to it AND I am looking forward to you pass (as well as mine of course )!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Posted AAA notes on blog. Feel free to take a look at them and critique/comment
    Last edited by Bl8ckr0uter; 01-13-2010 at 11:26 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    Posted AAA notes on blog. Feel free to take a look at them and critique/comment
    Cool, looks ok to me.

I'll put up a pdf of my revision notes in a few days if anyones interested, at the moment it comes in at about 60 pages
    Last edited by mikem2te; 01-15-2010 at 04:04 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    Cool, looks ok to me.

I'll put up a pdf of my revision notes in a few days if anyones interested, at the moment it comes in at about 60 pages
    I am interested.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    I am interested.
    Cool, I have set up a blog site and put it on there. let me know if it works

A brief history of...: CCNA Security Notes
    Last edited by mikem2te; 01-15-2010 at 09:10 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Cool, I have set up a blog site and put it on there. let me know if it works

A brief history of...: CCNA Security Notes

I added to you rep. Fantastic notes. Kinda puts my notes to shame ....

But at any rate, with these and your other studies I know you will pass.

Better get back to the books so I can get mine on the 30th
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    A Few....
    Mikem2te... Your notes are very nice.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    I'll let you know how mine goes. I'm scheduled for the 21st of Jan
    Panic time - there may be snow coming in on the day of my test so I have had to reschedule my exam - for tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    A Few....
    You'll be fine... after looking at your notes! You're gonna knock it out. Good luck man and let us know how it goes.

~Peanut
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutnoggin View Post
    You'll be fine... after looking at your notes! You're gonna knock it out. Good luck man and let us know how it goes.

~Peanut
    Mission accomplished. Passed with a clean sheet, 1000/1000. I'll write a bit more about it tomorrow once I've recovered (sobered up)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senile old fart laidbackfreak's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CCVP, CCNAV, CCNAS, CCNA
    Mission accomplished. Passed with a clean sheet, 1000/1000. I'll write a bit more about it tomorrow once I've recovered (sobered up)

congrats and totally nuked it id say lol enjoy the drink
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    Passed
    Congratulations!!

Enjoy the Celebration
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BCMSN CCNAS CCNAV CCNA
    Great work on the clean sheet Whats next?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member
    Cool. Hopefully in 11 days I will say the same.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by luke_bibby View Post
    Great work on the clean sheet Whats next?
    Thanks for all the support.

Not sure what to do next though, I am tempted to consider the CCNA Wireless to complete all the CCNAs. Only thing that is putting me off the lab requirements. I find it much easier to lab everything out when studying but I can't afford all the gear.

CCNP seems like the next logical thing to have a go at but my timing isn't great with the new CCNP curriculum romoured to be announced in a few weeks.

But first I think I will have to desert the Cisco camp and consider a Microsoft cert - Configuring SharePoint. Reason being I did the course 18 months ago and the exam is allready paid for. Please don't hold it against me

EDIT : A wrote a few words on the security exam and prep on my blog http://www.caerffili.co.uk/2010/01/c...ty-passed.html
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member
    Thanks for all the support.

Not sure what to do next though, I am tempted to consider the CCNA Wireless to complete all the CCNAs. Only thing that is putting me off the lab requirements. I find it much easier to lab everything out when studying but I can't afford all the gear.

CCNP seems like the next logical thing to have a go at but my timing isn't great with the new CCNP curriculum romoured to be announced in a few weeks.

But first I think I will have to desert the Cisco camp and consider a Microsoft cert - Configuring SharePoint. Reason being I did the course 18 months ago and the exam is allready paid for. Please don't hold it against me

EDIT : A wrote a few words on the security exam and prep on my blog A brief history of...: CCNA Security Passed

About you blog post

CNSS 4011 Training Standard - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CEHv7, CCNA, Security+ 70-290, 70-291 CCNA:S
    Congrats
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member

Certifications
    A Few....
    NICE!!!!!! Congrats on your pass! Good luck with the Sharepoint Stuff!

~Peanut
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. The Bringer of Light DevilWAH's Avatar

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, ITIL Foundation, CCNP SWITCH,ROUTE, Zoology BSc,
    Well done on the pass.

got mine on thursday (to be honest not 1000 but nearly)

wish i have found this forum before. but going to make sure i make full use of it for my CCNP
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member
    Finishing studying tonight as my router decides to take a nap. Won't boot into the IOS. Had to ninja my way through rommon and get it to boot from my other router. Not fun but Hopefully I will be able to make my VPN tunnels work tonight. Also I wanted to hit the IOS firewall , AAA and syslogging before I hit the bed. Fun times.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Man of the People
    i was reading elsewhere that Cisco knows the lab requirements are prohibitive for the CCNA Wireless, but they made it so you can pass their exam as long as you have the right reading materials and you're able to know what the commands are and what the configurations do

I don't imagine it would be THAT hard especially with as well as you've studied so far

maybe try reading the material, and then take some practice exams and see if that's some good information or not.

You could try using dynamips to simulate the hardware if possible.

I'm positive you can do this, you're highly motivated, don't let up once your self-imposed break ends.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member billscott92787's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNP, CCDP, CCNA, CCNA: Wireless, C|EH, C|HFI, Cloud+, Masters - Information Security and Assurance, B.S. Networking and Comm. Mgmt.
    Dude there is no way I could do all of that. I can only concentrate on one piece of study material at a time, or one "subject" should I say. I wouldn't recommend reading that ISCW just yet. If you plan to do CCNP, I would go the BCMSN or BSCI first. That is if you can do them before they announce the change. The announcement should be coming soon. ISCW is going away along with the ONT. CCNP is going to ROUTE, SWITCH, TSHOOT. I would concentrate on the other stuff you are doing, wait for the announcement, and then decide if you want to go to CCNP. I take my BSCI tomorrow. I am trying to get done ISCW and ONT before they would be faded out. So, we will see how tomorrow goes and I'll gauge it from there. I should be able to handle it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    Yeah, I'm eager to hear the offical CCNP statement to see where we stand. There is no way I would complete the CCNP by July so it is safer to wait and do something else instead. Hopefully as soon as I finish the MS Sharepoint cert I will have a shiny new set of CCNP books waiting for me based on the new blueprints. Either that or CCNA Wireless. Can't wait, I'm missing my Cisco lab, I look at it fondly every time I walk past it

Good luck on the BSCI tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    Finishing studying tonight as my router decides to take a nap. Won't boot into the IOS. Had to ninja my way through rommon and get it to boot from my other router. Not fun but Hopefully I will be able to make my VPN tunnels work tonight. Also I wanted to hit the IOS firewall , AAA and syslogging before I hit the bed. Fun times.
    I bet that is the last thing you needed. Everyone should do an IOS recovery at some point but not 5 days before an exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks