+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 30 of 30
  1. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Posts
    10,615
    Blog Entries
    50

    Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    #26
    It's likely there is no material in 640-554 that's not already in a Cisco Press or O'Reilly Cisco book, or on Cisco's Web site. Waiting for the official cert guides would be only a convenience.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member alan2308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    1,809

    Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA Sec, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CISSP
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by fsanyee View Post
    If you want to take it, I dont think it's impossible to prepare for the exam without certification guide. You have to make a little research, use the avaible sources like other cisco books or cisco's site. The new topics in the CCNA Security only new for this cert...
    There's always new exams out that there's no certification guide out for yet. Especially in Cisco's security track.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member SteveO86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,405

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCNP: Security/Data Center, CCNA Wireless, CWNA, WCNA
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by alan2308 View Post
    There's always new exams out that there's no certification guide out for yet. Especially in Cisco's security track.
    It did take a while for the 642-874 CCDP Information to get out there.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member fsanyee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    163

    Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray View Post
    It's likely there is no material in 640-554 that's not already in a Cisco Press or O'Reilly Cisco book, or on Cisco's Web site. Waiting for the official cert guides would be only a convenience.
    I know that. What i'm saying is, you can learn about every new topic somewhere. For example if you want to know more about ASA which is new in CCNA:S, pick an ASA book, there is a lot out there, and I'm sure they all contain enough information to cover CCNA:S ASA topics. It's harder and more exprensive to do this way, but it's not impossibile.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Any local Coffee Shop
    Posts
    42

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, MSCE(2000), CCNA, Sec+, CISSP, CCNP R&S CCNP SEC CCDA
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by fsanyee View Post
    If you want to take it, I dont think it's impossible to prepare for the exam without certification guide. You have to make a little research, use the avaible sources like other cisco books or cisco's site. The new topics in the CCNA Security only new for this cert...
    CCNA Security 640-554 Official Cert Guide: Cisco Press. Looks like you can get "rough cut" online/pdf now, but have to wait for the hardcover to ship in late June.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks