+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    BEng (Hons) Internet Technology & Networks, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:S, CCNP, CCDA, ITILv3-Foundation

Default Passed CCNA:Security 640-554 today

Passed this exam this morning, was a bit tougher than I was expecting. But a pass is a pass

Now what to try next
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Sec+, CISSP (studying for currently)
    Congrads! I say maybe another Security cert..CISSP?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BEng (Hons) Internet Technology & Networks, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:S, CCNP, CCDA, ITILv3-Foundation
    I'm thinking about the CCNA:Service Provider, since I work within that area of networking. I was going to get the CCIP but, that's all now being retired and replaced withe CCNP:Service provider, and the CCNA version is the prerequisite for it!
    Just hope there;s enough study material available for it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP:EA / SA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNA:S, Security+, A+
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, JNCIA-JUNOS, ITIL - F 2011
    Congz. I thought 640-554 will be available after September. so you took the new version? how was it ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP (RS), CCDP, CCNA (DC, RS, SEC, VOC, WLS), CCDA, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIA-Junos, RCSA, ITILv3-F
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber456 View Post
    I'm thinking about the CCNA:Service Provider, since I work within that area of networking. I was going to get the CCIP but, that's all now being retired and replaced withe CCNP:Service provider, and the CCNA version is the prerequisite for it!
    Just hope there;s enough study material available for it
    Congrats! Unfortunately I don't think there's anything in regards to study guides for the SP track... kinda miffs me too. I want to get it since I work for an ISP and it aligns with my current career path.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by GOZCU View Post
    Congz. I thought 640-554 will be available after September. so you took the new version? how was it ?
    Yeah you can take the new exam now. I had a course with work, so did the newer version. Lots of CCP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, GSEC, GCIH, GCFE
    Great work! I just received my 640 554 book, this looks like a great start to entering the security side of things.

Question for you: Did you use a lab at all? I'm considering buying an ASA 5505 appliance, but it's more costly than the lab devices I'm used to purchasing. So I'm not sure if I'll pull the trigger or not. What do you think?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, Network+, CSE
    Congratulations! I just started the Official Cert Guide today. Hoping to knock it out by the end of the year. I am curious as to YFZblu's question as well, how much did you lab in preparation, and what kind of equipment/sims did you use? Thanks, keep it up!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MSc (Networks), ITIL, MCSE, CCNA, CISA, ISO27k LA
    See if any vendor neutral security certification interests you. Something like SSCP.. Its should be quite easy for you and will be a good addition in your CV.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZblu View Post
    Great work! I just received my 640 554 book, this looks like a great start to entering the security side of things.

Question for you: Did you use a lab at all? I'm considering buying an ASA 5505 appliance, but it's more costly than the lab devices I'm used to purchasing. So I'm not sure if I'll pull the trigger or not. What do you think?
    I had a week long Cisco course in work with remote access to a Lab containing a ASA5505, 2960, 1811 and a server etc. The labs were pretty useful.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Congratz!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Security Wannabe

Certifications
    CISSP, Security+, MCSA 2003, CCNA, CCNA: Security, Windows 7, McAfee: HIPS
    Bomber,

What type of labs were on the new exam? Thanks!

Mike
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, GSEC, GCIH, GCFE
    ^ Yeah, that would be a violation of NDA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member
    Hi bomber456 !

You said 'Lots of CCP', what kind of questions ? Did you have something like a CCP simulator where you can navigate ? Or multiple choice questions ?

Thanks in advance,
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Junior Member
    Each exam is different. Be familiar with CCP, I had several type of questions about it. I also had a few questions that built upon my CCNA knowledge but wasn't necessarily part of the study material. Fortunately I just obtained the CCNA in August, but if it's been awhile since you've taken it/used the knowledge from it, anyone taking the exam may want to brush up on the parts that overlap/coincide with CCNA Security objectives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GPEN, GCIH, SFCP, CPT, CEH, QND
    Thanks for the input on the CCP. I spoke to a training company I was working with and originally they said to keep using the 553 material, as the CCP wasnt really tested. I knew that was incorrect and let them know and they sent out the 554 book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks