+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA

Default CCNA Voice question

Hey guys,

I'm nearly done with my CCNA, and I want to learn even more! I am a voice engineer for a networking firm that sells, configures and installs cloud based VoIP solutions.

We do not do local IP PBXs.

Is the CCNA Voice worth taking for me? I know if you mention any of the alternative CCNA split exams everyone suggests why not do CCNP as it is covered there anyway, I just don't feel I can commit to three exams just after the CCENT/CCNA. Maybe later in my career, but I have only been doing voice and general field support for a month now.

I know some of the stuff in the exam would really benefit me, and others definitely wouldn't. Would I be taking on too much if I requested this?

Cheers.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    I would say no unless you deal with a cisco CLOUD based pbx or cisco based gateways. If you are just need to study the technologies I would suggest cisco gateway gatekeepers or the CVOICE books. If you wanna go the non cisco route I would suggest

SIP: Understanding the Session Initiation Protocol (Artech House Telecommunications): Alan B. Johnston: 9781607839958: Amazon.com: Books
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA
    Nope, it's all a Broadsoft platform with a UK provider written front end to bring it all together, very easy. Only CISCO equipment is managed routers/switches to bring the voice traffic in to our network, and the handsets too.

I don't technically 'need' to, but I don't like, in fact I hate 'it just works'.

Cheers for the pointer!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks