+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+, A+

Default When was the CCNA Voice last upgraded?

I'm mostly wondering because I was thinking about getting the CCNA Voice but I'm hesitant because the old exam my be replaced soon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Pretty sure it was 2011 but I'm not 100% sure.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    for most of the task you will do as a CCNA voice this exam will do. Its the CCNP Voice and CCIE collaboration that really focus on the technologies. Also new CCNP Voice exams coming soon. I was just with one of the course writers a few weeks ago.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+, A+
    That's good to know. I was planning on the CCNP Voice immediately after the NA/V. Do you know if the current CCNP Voice would decommission soon after or will there be sometime before that's completely replaced?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shodown View Post
    for most of the task you will do as a CCNA voice this exam will do. Its the CCNP Voice and CCIE collaboration that really focus on the technologies. Also new CCNP Voice exams coming soon. I was just with one of the course writers a few weeks ago.
    How soon are we talking for the new CCNP Voice? I just bought all the books for it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, MCP, S+, N+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by shodown View Post
    And Mike V mentioned he is working on a new CCNA V guide last week on cisco forums.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    can't give to many details, but for ccna, ccnp v folks just get pass the current exam. The reality is that most of the companies are not really implementing a lot of the newer technologies anyway.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    Are you sure you don't want to give us just a little bit of info shodown do you think we can mix and match old/current CCNP Voice exams with the new exams?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CIW: Web Foundations; MCTS: Active Directory; MCP: 2000 Professional; CNA: NetWare 5; CompTIA A+
    There was a thread recently on the CCNP Voice forum where Cisco had posted on their site that the last day to take ICOMM (current CCNA: V test) would be a certain date in I believe August. But, that information was removed the same day and has not been reposted as of the last time I checked. There was also a "Last Day to test" for the NP: V tests, but I don't remember what it was. This makes me suspect that Cisco intends to replace the NA: V and NP:V this year, but probably didn't intend to announce it yet. FWIW, if those dates were correct, that would give you a little over 6 months.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks