+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CIW: Web Foundations; MCTS: Active Directory; MCP: 2000 Professional; CNA: NetWare 5; CompTIA A+
    Quote Originally Posted by shodown View Post
    To answer your questions about how cisco deals with its business structure you(certified people) not a huge priority.
    No kidding. I wish they would do something for IOS [and CUCM, CUC, CUPS, etc...] licensing like they did for the CSR-1000V where they just throttle the throughput [of unlicensed devices] to a level that ensures it won't be used in production, but still allows you to use all the features.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    They have quite a few things for people to get certified. If you work for a cisco partner you can get a NRF kit for pretty cheap. If you are really hard up you can easily do some google-fu and see how people are getting the APPS loaded on there systems. As far as the DSP's they aren't going to make a emulator for them, with everything going SIP there is just no need to make a emulator based on old TDM technology. If there is a will there is a way. Most people who know nothing about voice will get Very far with 28xx routers, I would only suggest 29xx for CCIE or consultant types.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA
    What sort of kit will we need for the CCNA Collab?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CIW: Web Foundations; MCTS: Active Directory; MCP: 2000 Professional; CNA: NetWare 5; CompTIA A+
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Johnson View Post
    I would guess --
    • Replace ISR G1s with ISR G2s (with UC License = Super Expensive)
    • Replace PVDM2s with PVDM3s
    • Replace VIC2s with VIC3s
    • Upgrade CUCM/CUC/CUPS to the newest version (Not sure how different 10.x is from 8.6)
    • Add some video endpoints
    Last edited by theodoxa; 03-25-2015 at 03:01 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA
    Its probably passable without any kit right? Otherwise I can't see many people going for it...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    Its probably passable without any kit right? Otherwise I can't see many people going for it...
    Use CCIE Collab rack rentals if you don't want to build a lab. Granted it's not aimed at CCNA but will still do the job.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, MCP, S+, N+, A+
    You can pass ccna r&s w/o a kit, but voice does require some hands-on / lab practice to really understand this stuff. Imho.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanM View Post
    You can pass ccna r&s w/o a kit, but voice does require some hands-on / lab practice to really understand this stuff. Imho.
    you aren't going to understand CUCM or CUCME without some hands-on. That said, does anyone know how much difference there is between 8.6 and 10.5? I seem to remember when they updated the CCIE that people were saying you needed an ISR G2 with PVDM3s to support Video.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, CCENT
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmguy1 View Post
    I am not sure I am correct but I am seeing a $100.00 drop in Cisco 2811's on Ebay. I am wondering if this is due to the CCNA voice being retired ?
    in addition, Since Cisco has decided they are changing CCNA Voice to "Collaboration" ,which is basically voice + Video I am wondering what the hardware requirements for a home lab are going to be ??

Any thoughts ?
    It's listed right there in the PDF.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/ce...onvergence.pdf

2900 Series Routers and PoE Switches required. $$$$

Voice.jpg
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    @the CCNA level the biggest things I could see is that now IM and presence are part of the CUCM cluster (you still have to build a server), but the integration is now much more smoother. There are some more features that have been added, but overall the changes are not huge

@ the CCNP Level, the urgent priority on route patterns, ILS, native call queuing, Having multiple local route groups can really change the way you deploy a system if you really dig deep.

As everyone has mentioned the integration of video makes things very interesting.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member
    Hi all,

The retirement dates are now September for the Associate path, and October for Professional:

The last day to test for the CCNA Voice and CCNA Video certifications will be September 17, 2015. No new certifications for CCNA Voice and CCNA Video will be issued effective September 18, 2015.

The last day to test for the CCNP Voice certification will October 20, 2015. No new certifications for CCNP Voice will be issued effective October 21, 2015.

There is also a Collaboration Migration Tool available for both paths:
    CCNA Collaboration Exam Migration Tool - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    CCNP Collaboration Exam Migration Tool - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member
    For those still unsure about having a crack at the retiring exams, CBT Nuggets created a great article that's well worth a read:
    The Wisdom of Pursuing a Voice/Video Cert Now | CBT Nuggets
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks