+ Reply to Thread

Default Has anyone achieved CCNA collaboration without CCENT/CCNA

I was just curious if anyone has Cisco CCNA Collab certs without getting CCENT first? According to Ciscos site I don't think you have to have it. Anyway I have a strong Telecom background. In my current job I work as a Telecom/Network Infrastructure technician. I program digital phones and perform level 1 network tech duties. Mostly assisting with switch upgrades and basic configuration. We are in the process of upgrading to Cisco VoIP with 8841 phones I think. Anyway I really want to use this opportunity to get the hands on skills and get certified at the same time so I can finally advance my career into a Cisco CUCM role. I think the network infrastructure skills I have acquired over the past few years should be sufficient for basic network skills maybe. Just want to get started with VoIP.
    Thanks in advance.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S,CCENT, SSCA, SSVVP
    There is no prerequisite for CCNA collaboration but it is good to have a CCNA R&S. I work in telecom domain, it is on the service provider side, even I was thinking to get the CCNA collaboration but started with CCNA R&S instead. If you are already comfortable with networking and know how to work through the routers and switches then I would go ahead and get the collaboration certs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks