+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    BS IT (CCNA R&S, Security, Voice) CCDA, MCP XP, A+, L+, P+, LPIC-1, SUSE CLA
    ok my boss said he will give me 2 1760 with the pvdms, 1 3524poe, 4 7940 phones. I already have cme, software for cipt, 1 2620xm (12.4)and 2 2950. I am trying to closely follow the diagram posted in the sticky. What else do I need to complete the ccnav lab. What can i use for the pstn?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    Linux+ , A+
    Hi guys i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Here's the situation: I was recently given (5) 1760 Cisco Routers with non CME IOS loaded on them from my work and I just finished buying 128mb dram for all five of them. So they are maxed out at dram and have 32mb flash each. I succesfully installed this image: c1700-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T14 on one of them for testing. According to Cisco Feature Navigator this image has CME. This is what I get in the CLI with that image installed:

Router#sh tel
    Router#sh telephony-service all
    telephony-service is not enabled

What am I missing and/or what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by Oscedumir; 04-05-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCDA, CCNA:Voice(IIUC), CCNP:Voice
    You'll need to enable the telephony-service, you can do this by telling it how many ephone's and dn's to allow (this is IOS and hardware dependant).

telephony-service
    max-dn 10
    max-ephone 10

sh telephony-service

All will then be well... max-dn and max-ephone is all that was missing
    Last edited by azaghul; 04-05-2012 at 01:30 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    Linux+ , A+
    Quote Originally Posted by azaghul View Post
    You'll need to enable the telephony-service, you can do this by telling it how many ephone's and dn's to allow (this is IOS and hardware dependant).

telephony-service
    max-dn 10
    max-ephone 10

sh telephony-service

All will then be well... max-dn and max-ephone is all that was missing
    Sweet got it working now thanks so much!! How would I go about getting the GUI for CME? I have a .tar file but I don't quite know what to do with it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    The CME .tar file is usually IOS specific, so you'll need a matched set.

As the 1760 is flash: poor, you'll need to extract the tar file, and remove any components you won't need.

These would usually be files for phones you don't have (797x are usually fairly large) and unneeded ring tones (if pushed). Which files belong to which phone? Ahhhh.... on the Cisco site, search for "Cisco Unified CME and Cisco IOS Software Version Compatibility Matrix" this should point you in the right direction. With the 1760, as it only supports a "flat" file system, make sure you have no embeded directories in the tar. If it has you'll need to rebuild it in a flat format. 7zip supports .tar if needed.

With these "small" hurdles out of the way, set up your tftp server same as you'd do for an IOS upgrade, and use the command:

archive tar /extract tftp://<tftp ip address>/<cme filename>.tar flash:

then wait!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    Linux+ , A+
    wow that's a lot to digest but i'll get working on it and hopefully I won't run into any trouble *fingers crossed* thank you so much I really appreciate your help!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, A+, MCP
    so right now i got a bid on the 1760 router but found out there is a 1760 v... should have researched more before bidding but if I win will the 1760 be fine for studying for voice? i don't plan on using it up to a pbx or anything.. just local calling within the network.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    There is no real difference between a vanilla 1760 and the 1760-V, it just comes with extra flash and DRAM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, A+, MCP
    thanks good info to know lol but I didn't win the auction any how.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member Registered Member

Arrow Call connectors

Hi all,
    I am new to this forum, not sure if I came to the right place.
    Just checking if anyone had any experience with call connectors with CME (2900 routers or UC5xx).
    Please guide/share your experience.

Thank you
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member

Certifications
    MCP(70-290), ITIL V3, MCITP: EA, MCSA:2012, SCCM 2012(70-243), CCNA and BSc Software Engineering
    Hi, I am coming to the end of my CCNA Studies and hoping to tackle CCNA Voice before I build up to the CCNP. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what else I would need to add my current lab at home for the CCNA Voice.

I currently have:
    3550 SMI POE (EMI Image)
    2x2950
    2611XM (128mb ram and 32mb Flash)
    Also a 1721
    Wic1T and Wic2T cards

Any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member Registered Member

Default I am preparing for CCNA Voice

Hi,

I am preparing for CCNA Voice. I currently have two 7200 routers and 1 Analog and 1 VoIP phone. Can you please let me know what are the add-on's that would be required for me to prepare CCNA voice lab.

regards,
    Karthik
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    Quote Originally Posted by pataki View Post
    Hi all,
    I am new to this forum, not sure if I came to the right place.
    Just checking if anyone had any experience with call connectors with CME (2900 routers or UC5xx).
    Please guide/share your experience.

Thank you
    I've done call connectors, what are you trying to do. They have a server version and a client version which one are you looking to install?
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member
    Hi,
    is two switch and two ip-phone with two router enough to study for ccna voice?
    i can do all the ccna voice scenario with them?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Member
    Hello everyone please help
    Can i use gns3 and connect it to the real network equipmet to act as dhcp and ntp server?

DHCP Router

• acts as a DHCP server (the name gives it away)
    • acts as a NTP server for down-stream devices
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec CCNA:Voice, A+, Project+, Sec+, Linux+, MCTS, ITIL v3, VCP-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by sattar View Post
    Hello everyone please help
    Can i use gns3 and connect it to the real network equipmet to act as dhcp and ntp server?
    Yes. Connecting GNS3 to Real Networks &#45; GNS3

There are video tutorials if you search 'connect gns3 to real lab'. I don't remember much about it, but recall doing some stuff with QinQ to make it work.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CIW: Web Foundations; MCTS: Active Directory; MCP: 2000 Professional; CNA: NetWare 5; CompTIA A+
    A few questions:

1) DHCP/NTP Server - Is there a specific reason these need to be 2600/2600XM? Couldn't this be virtually any Cisco Router?

2) UC-500/UC-520 - Would this replace the voice router and 1 switch? I looked it up and they appear to have 4FXO, 4FXS, a VIC Slot or T1/E1 , and an 8 Port PoE Switch.

3) Could I use a 2821 or 3825 for the Voice Router?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Certifications
    The DHCP/NTP server can be any Cisco router or L3 switch. The 2600 series were selected based on price at the time.

UC500 series? Yes and no.
    The Good: Great for CUCME/CUE, FXS/FXO/E1/T1 configuration.
    The Bad: Limited routing ability (static and RIPv1), no CUCM/SRST support.

2800/3800 series make ideal voice routers, now they have come down in price significantly.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hello All,

I am new to Tech field ... would like to persue CCNA voice and trying to setup home lab .. got some questions would greatly appreciate your advice.. where can i download IOS for CISCO 2811 router 3550 switch and other CUE ver 8 s/w ...

thanks
    Newtechi
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member

Certifications
    Welcome!

The easy one first...3550 switch software...if you create a guest account with Cisco, you will get free access to most, if not all, Layer 2 switch IOS images (29xx, 35xx series), and some Layer 3 switch IOS images (3550, 3560, 3750 series).

As for the 2811, you'll need to be more creative...bittorrent is your friend ...there are also other sites out there that deal in "IT Certifications" and have "Forums"...hint, hint...

As for CUE v8.x, that may be harder to find, and I'm fairly sure anything above v7.1 requires real licenses (and doesn't have demo licenses). While CUE is a "nice to have", I've had one for 3 years and rarely used it...the $ could really be better invested elsewhere...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CIW: Web Foundations; MCTS: Active Directory; MCP: 2000 Professional; CNA: NetWare 5; CompTIA A+
    A few questions --

1. Are the hardware requirements the same as when this was originally posted?

2. I'm currently building a server to run CSR-1000V on VMWare ESXi (for CCIE: R&S). What would be required (Processor, RAM, Disk Space) to run CUCM on this server also? I was planning on a Quad Core Haswell (Intel Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon) with 16-32 GB RAM and a 120-240 GB SSD.

3. What type of CUE should I look for for a Cisco 2821?

AIM-CUE ($130+)
    AIM2-CUE (only 1 listed on eBay - $1,299.99 - ouch!)
    NME-CUE ($499+)

4. I currently have the following voice modules (PVDM, VIC, VWIC)

1 x PVDM2-32
    1 x VIC2-2FXO
    3 x VWIC-1MFT-T1
    1 x VWIC-2MFT-T1

Are there any others I would need?

Voice.jpg

[Edit] Almost forgot #5 could the 1861 be used instead of a UC520? It is cheaper and at first glance to appears to be similar with full routing (BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF) per CFN.
    Last edited by theodoxa; 02-09-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Member

Certifications
    Yeah, this thread is probably showing its age (like the rest of us), it was designed around the original IIUC (CCNA:Voice v1), but a lot would still hold true with the addition of CUCM for a basic lab.

1. I think the hardware still holds up (router/switch/modules)
    2. I used a Dell 2950, dual QC CPU, 32GB RAM, SSD & HDD, boot from USB (now replaced with a Dell T5400...basically the desktop equivalent and much quieter)
    3. Ideally AIM2-CUE or NME-CUE, but cost/license wise the AIM-CUE "should" serfice
    4. More PVDM's are always good, saves removing cards to test transcoding/termination/confrencing, maybe a FXS card (but FXS/FXO card config concepts are much the same)
    5. Yep, a 1861 is ideal, the main differences: 1861 supports routing and has a WIC slot, UC520 supports RIPv1 only, has a VWIC slot and wireless
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member

Certifications
    I noticed that the 1861 comes in a version with an integrated ISE-CUE (C1861-SRST-C-F/K9). Would I be safe in assuming this operates like the AIM-CUE, except only on the 1861? The price difference (c1861-SRST-F/K9 vs. c1861-SRST-C-F/K9) is only ~$100, which would make it the cheapest option for CUE, assuming I was going to get an 1861 anyways.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    AFAIK they can be considered the same, just a different download package from Cisco. The added benefit of the 1861 is it can be registered in CUCM as a device. They'd also make a great home router with voip/cue/poe. Thats how I use my UC520W.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks