+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Junior Member THE.ALFISTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11

    Certifications
    Network+
    #1

    Default issue with POE switch

    HI

    Dear administrators I'm facing an issue with a Cisco 3650 switch with 48 ports.
    On this switch 17 ports are not working so all ip phones plugged are not on " no electricity or no power" ,
    how could I handle ?

    thnks for help
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    2,205

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    #2
    I usually find that the port is either dead or you are using 2 much power from the switch, or the switch is not POE at all. I run into all 3 from time to time. Post up the model number and we can find out how much power u got. Also was it all working before?
    Currently Reading

    CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member RouteMyPacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,077

    Certifications
    CCWKIA (Cisco Certified Wannabe Know It All)
    #3
    do a sh ip int br, see if any ports are shut then look at sh power inline and perhaps check the logs. Also do a sh env all to check the switch temps

    17 out of 48 not working is funky, doesn't make me think the PSU is going..post results of the above.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    222
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by THE.ALFISTI View Post
    HI

    Dear administrators I'm facing an issue with a Cisco 3650 switch with 48 ports.
    On this switch 17 ports are not working so all ip phones plugged are not on " no electricity or no power" ,
    how could I handle ?

    thnks for help
    Do a show power inline to see if your using all the POE allocated power if you aren't then do a TDR test on the interfaces that are giving you trouble.... I work in an environment with thousands of access switches - the 3560's have POE issues bad; we stopped using them and went to the 2960S models (plus 2960S support 48 POE III ports).

    Sometimes it can be something funky layer 1 and the TDR test will resolve it...

    Can you do a show power inline and post it for us?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member pitviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Right Coast, US
    Posts
    1,363

    Certifications
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R+S, CCNA:R+S, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA:S, CCENT, CNSS 4011
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by xXErebuS View Post
    I work in an environment with thousands of access switches - the 3560's have POE issues bad; we stopped using them and went to the 2960S models (plus 2960S support 48 POE III ports).
    Yeah, the 3560s are not intended to be loaded up with the newer color phones. The V02s are much better, but still not enough juice for the newer stuff.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    222
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pitviper View Post
    Yeah, the 3560s are not intended to be loaded up with the newer color phones. The V02s are much better, but still not enough juice for the newer stuff.

    Well power quantity is the issue 3% of the time 50% of the time its the wiring; 42% of the time its the actual 3560, 5% of the time its user error lol.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Junior Member THE.ALFISTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11

    Certifications
    Network+
    #7
    Hi sirs

    Thanks for your help , it was wiring issue.

    amny thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks