+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCENT, CompTIA A+ , CIW something
    Congrats on the pass. It's good to know with hard work and determination, goals can actually be achieved.

Question?

What study materials did you use for this? Did you have to use a voice lab for this?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. ABL - Always Be Labbin' Iristheangel's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CCIE DC, CCNP R&S/DC, CCDP, CCNA:RS/S/V/DC, CCDA, BCVRE, BCEFP, BCNE, CEH, CHFI, MCSE:S, MCDST, A/S/L/P/N+, some useless Citrix and CIW certs
    I used the official Ciscopress book and the INE videos. As far as a lab, I used a decommissioned version of CUCM and 2811 spare I had at work in our office lab as well as administered to CUCM 9 at work
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    Bonus TE Fun: Nerd Photos
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP (RS), CCDP, CCNA (DC, RS, SEC, VOC, WLS), CCDA, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIA-Junos, RCSA, ITILv3-F
    Congrats on the pass! I think you and I are on the same boat when it comes to VoIP. I think it's a highly lucrative field but I just don't seem to get very "excited" about it. I really need to get my lab up with a few phones to truly tackle it and enjoy it as much as I'd like to. Were it not for school I'd be heads first into it. Anyway, good luck with the CEH (I'm doing that for work myself) and the CCNP!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, CCENT, CCNA
    Congrats!

Thinking about diving into Voice myself while I work on getting my MCSA in Server 2008
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    SSCP, CCNA Security, CCNA, CCENT, MCTS, MTA, S+, A+
    Congratz!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    a few
    Quote Originally Posted by Iristheangel View Post
    The CCNA Voice is a lot of GUI and menus with both CCP and CUCM which I find dull. Remembering a path through a GUI is harder for me to remember than going through CLI. Different strokes for different folks
    I do the GUI stuff every day, so I consider myself lucky to have memorized them on the job
    من طلب عزائم الأمور ، هان عليه بذل النفس فيها - محمد إبن ابي عامر
    www.keyboardbanger.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Security, ITIL Foundation
    Quote Originally Posted by Iristheangel View Post
    It's not the all or nothing nature of Voice that bugs me. I just find the material dry and boring. The CCNA Voice is a lot of GUI and menus with both CCP and CUCM which I find dull. Remembering a path through a GUI is harder for me to remember than going through CLI. Different strokes for different folks
    Not sure if you remember the little joke Jeremy Cioara threw in the book, but the note he added in page 71, talking about GUI people vs command line people made me laugh pretty good. I wish all Cisco press books were written by Jeremy!

Congrats on the pass! This certification is my next goal list. My company just got a big contract to do a lot of voice work so I'm hoping the experience will help me move up to CCNP level.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec CCNA:Voice, A+, Project+, Sec+, Linux+, MCTS, ITIL v3, VCP-DCV
    Congratulations Iris!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks