+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CCNA Wireless

1. Senior Member

Certifications
    Comptia Project+, VCA-DCV, Comptia A+, CCENT

Default CCNA Wireless

I was wondering does anyone take this exam anymore. I want to learn more about wireless technology in a production environment and glanced over this certification on the Cisco website. Is it more beneficial to take this exam with the CCNA Security or should I pair CCNA Security with the Certified Wireless Network Administrator Certification from CWNP? It seems from the previous topics on the forum if I do CCNA Wireless I should invest in a Cisco 2100 Wireless Controller and Airopath 1200 AP. I was wondering if anyone have more information on the exam and outlook.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Cisco R00t Clan Member NOC-Ninja's Avatar

Certifications
    CCIE-Wireless, CCIE-RS (written), CCNP-Wireless, CCNP, CCNA-Wireless, CCNA-Security, CCNA, CEH, CHFI
    If you want to be in wireless market then you should take the exam. You will be one up on a job opening if you have a wireless cert.
    CCNA sec is a cert for cisco sec. CWNA is a cert for wireless. This is more for RF side. They are totally different.
    The sec side of wireless would be in CWSP and CCNP-sec. This is to tie the AP and WLC into ACS or ISE. We can also call this AAA.

I think you should invest on hardware. Not for the exam but for the experience itself. Building your own lab is the best way.
    MSISA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Comptia Project+, VCA-DCV, Comptia A+, CCENT
    Thanks NOC-Ninja. Currently expanding my lab as I expand my knowledge on topics.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks