+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCP, Network+, CCNA R&S

Default CCNA Wireless Exam - 640-722 vs. 200-355

Hi,

Neither of these exams seem to be very popular (from what I can tell) despite the ever growing presence of and dependence on wireless in our every day lives. I was wondering why.

That said, I see that exam 640-722 is set to be retired in December and I wanted to know if anyone had any information or opinion on that exam versus the 200-335 exam. The latter is not being retired so would it be worth the effort to try and pass 640-722 before 12/14/15 or just wait and go for 200-355 (assuming I don't ditch the whole thing and go for a CWNP certification instead).

I see the difference in subject matter via the exam descriptions but people who have actually taken the exams can usually shed light on it that a description cannot. Thanks in advance.

Fritz
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member
    I'm not sure why CCNA Wireless doesn't seem to be very popular either. I find it much more interesting than routing & switching.

In any case, I'm aiming to take the 640-722 before December 14th (last day to test) as I already have the book. Too many unknowns for new exams. But if for some reason I fail, then I'll have to migrate to studying for the new one...either that, or give up...which is always an option.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, HDI-SCA, ITIL V3 Foundations, A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST, CCENT, CCNA, Project+, CCNA Security, MCTS: Windows 7 Config, CEH, CHFI
    i might take it to renew my CCNA, not sure I'm ready for CCNP level, but don't want my CCNA to expire
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Default Look towards Aruba for wireless

The CCNA Wireless training seems to be great for getting wireless (RF) fundamentals down. However, the industry seems to be moving towards vendors such as Aruba for enterprise wireless.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member
    Cisco's website says December 14th is the last day to test, but the local Pearson VUE center has December 15th available as a test date. Is it safe to take it on the 15th?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks