+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    BS IT (CCNA R&S, Security, Voice) CCDA, MCP XP, A+, L+, P+, LPIC-1, SUSE CLA

Default how access dhcp pool from dhcp server

Im configuring an ap 1142n created a guest network on the cli. Created a dhcp server on the ap, trunk, different vlan on switch and a new subinterface on the router. The guest network works great for surfing the internet. How do i configure the AP to pull ips from microsoft dhcp server so users can be apart of the network and access resources.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. DoWork
    A major Illinois hospital system near you

Certifications
    vExpert, VCAP5-DCA/DCD, VCP5-DCV, VCIX-NV, VCP-NV, BSTM
    Should just be able to slap an ip helper on the vlan pointing to the MS DHCP.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    BS IT (CCNA R&S, Security, Voice) CCDA, MCP XP, A+, L+, P+, LPIC-1, SUSE CLA
    Do I define it under the AP ethernet interface?
    In life you have to make your own opportunities. Don't let anyone stop you from your dreams to many negative people want you to fail because they can't succeed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. DoWork
    A major Illinois hospital system near you

Certifications
    vExpert, VCAP5-DCA/DCD, VCP5-DCV, VCIX-NV, VCP-NV, BSTM
    It goes on the VLAN interface.

!
    interface Vlan <whatever>
    ip helper 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0 <-- MS DHCP server
    !

Like that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by dmarcisco View Post
    Im configuring an ap 1142n created a guest network on the cli. Created a dhcp server on the ap, trunk, different vlan on switch and a new subinterface on the router. The guest network works great for surfing the internet. How do i configure the AP to pull ips from microsoft dhcp server so users can be apart of the network and access resources.
    I am trying the same thing. Did you have to trunk anything other than the port connecting the WLC to the switch? Trunk to router or on port to internet?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks