Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CCIE:DC, CCNP:DC, CCNA:DC, CCDA, VCP:DCV, VCP:NV, JNCIA-JUNOS
    Good luck today!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNP, BCNE, CCNA, CCNA Sec, MCSA2k8, IPv6 Silver
    Had a terrible testing experience today. Scored 730/797.

1- a few (2-3) questions were completely nonsense (Exhibit showing FC topology - question regarding FCoE, for example)
    2- One of the simlets was resized in a way I couldn't understand the interface labels. (a lab is worth A LOT of points)
    3- some (5-6) questions were actually hard, my fault on these.

Also, I wasn't expecting questions regarding VM-FEX, but I scored this one.

My biggest mistake was not registering a comment for those questions.
    Honestly, I don't know if I will be sitting for that exam again.
    2017 - CCIE RS
    Labbing, labbing, labbing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE:DC, CCNP:DC, CCNA:DC, CCDA, VCP:DCV, VCP:NV, JNCIA-JUNOS
    Sorry to hear it man. Failing is always rough, and can take a while to bounce back from. I'm just now starting to lab and study again after my last failure in June.

Stick with it!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thank you joels.

The test is so expensive for me, and I guess I will not be able to pay for it again (I work for a partner, but....).

I will stick to my studies, anyway. Getting to know openstack and introducing myself to RHCA blueprint and python programming.

Check this to see how f****d I am: cotaçăo do DÓLAR americano HOJE

Anyway, I believe that this is going to be my last Cisco exam. Thinking seriously about changing careers; to a server/SAN facing role.
    2017 - CCIE RS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA-DC
    I'm definitely sorry to hear it ...for both of you guys. When I failed ROUTE the first time, I was devastated. I had to commute to take that exam, so the drive home was rough. But it comes with the territory, especially as we climb the cert ladder. It only gets harder, but in the end it's all worth it.

Remember, you don't lose when you fail, you lose when you give up. Don't let it beat you!!
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaturtle View Post
    I'm definitely sorry to hear it ...for both of you guys. When I failed ROUTE the first time, I was devastated. I had to commute to take that exam, so the drive home was rough. But it comes with the territory, especially as we climb the cert ladder. It only gets harder, but in the end it's all worth it.

Remember, you don't lose when you fail, you lose when you give up. Don't let it beat you!!
    Cisco puts way more effort into the CCNP:RS (and probably Security) exams than they do in the less popular tracks. I recently failed a horrible exam myself so I can totally see where d4nz1g is coming from. When an exam is filled with errors and bad* questions, and doesn't reflect knowledge of the topics on the blueprint, it's not a legitimate exam and there's really no point in getting it beyond meeting some cert requirement of an employer for partner status or whatever.

*And of course, there's an NDA so you can't explain to people how low the quality really is, and you just come off as a whiner like me in this post if you try to. But the quality really is subpar. You have multiple choice questions where all answers are wrong, multiple choice where two options are more or less correct, but you have to pick one, poor language, etc. Questions not on the blueprint (but the blueprint always contains a few items that can mean anything like "troubleshoot config errors" or something vague like that). Over emphasis on minor topics that aren't particularly relevant. And since CCNP:RS for example actually is much better, I can only assume that they just don't care that much about the other tracks. People should know that and take it into account if they decide to actually study for one of these lower priority tracks, like SP or DC.
    Last edited by fredrikjj; 09-25-2015 at 04:43 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thank you for your words, guys.

Yea, I won't quit this thing. You know...I already got too far to give up right now.

Labbing IPX tomorrow, I will try to cover everything that I felt weaker on the test.

Regarding to those (bad) questions, I will try not to let them bring me another failure, which means that I will have to score on every question that its possible to answer.
    2017 - CCIE RS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Getting back on my feet, studying all the topics that I felt I was weaker at.

Reviewing and labbing NPV and FCoE this week, OTV Fabricpath and vPC next week.
    Right before my next attempt, I will focus on ISSU, copp, FEX and tackling SAN stuff again.

Not scheduled yet, but I am going to do it as soon as possible.
    2017 - CCIE RS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Reading both books again. This time paying attention to the smallest details AND building a flash card deck on my phone.

I have to admit that flash cards are great for small and specific topics, and I am starting to build a few cards that make me think broader (ex: 3 reasons that can prevent 2 fabrics to merge).

No labbing past weekend, resting at night and trying to read the docs while at work.

By the way, I am getting into the new nexus boxes at work (4x 7700, 4x 5600 and 4x 5500). Activated a couple of servers today on this new network and everything is working smoothly. Also, I feel that I will be the one writing procedures on how to operate this whole new thing since I am the only one there that worries about learning how these guys work.
    2017 - CCIE RS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, MCSE 2000, MCTS-640, CCNA:Sec
    Quote Originally Posted by d4nz1g View Post
    Thank you joels.

The test is so expensive for me, and I guess I will not be able to pay for it again (I work for a partner, but....).
    You work for a partner, and they won't sponsor even your exam fee? Bizarre.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I thought the same as you lol. So weird.
    2017 - CCIE RS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Currently I'm reading Storage Networking Protocol Fundamentals and labbing everyday at lunch time.

I will be sitting for IELTS tomorrow (speaking) and on saturday (writing, listening). After that, I will get back to SAN stuff (NPV, Fabric Merge) and try to lab it as much as possible, and leave OTV for the days prior to the test.

I feel like I don't need to study that much anymore, just got to retain the knowledge and, specially, pay attention to the test. I guess that was the point which led me to a fail.
    2017 - CCIE RS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Watching some videos, focusing more on SAN (Fabric merge and NPV/NPIV)
    Reading Storage Networking Fundamentals - such an amazing book, both for LAN and SAN.

Next week I plan finishing SAN and review everything else. Right before my test I will focus more on OTV.
    2017 - CCIE RS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    IPx lab today, finishing SAN, Private-vlan, OTV and fabricpath.

Can't wait to pass this !@$%@$!@ exam >.<
    2017 - CCIE RS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Failed again with the same score, lol

1st time:
    Layer 2: 64%
    FCoE: 100%
    SAN: 60%
    DCI: 80%
    Platform Specific: 70%

2nd time:
    Layer 2: 79%
    FCoE: 100%
    SAN: 60%
    DCI: 80%
    Platform Specific: 60%

ISSU and copp killed me today. SAN questions were ridiculous. The lab was ok this time.
    2017 - CCIE RS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Mow

Certifications
    CCNP Collaboration, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA Sec
    Ouch, man, hang in there.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Well, I will wait for this exam to be refreshed so I can take it once again. The $$ exchange rate is too damn high, $250 for me is like 1/5 of my paycheck so no, I will not take it just for the sake of failure.

Will keep studying something else until then and, of course, refresh my knowledge on Cisco DC Fabric every week so I won't lose any of the knowledge I acquired so far (7 months~).
    2017 - CCIE RS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks