1. Senior Member Concerned Water's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, VCA6-NV, Sec+, A+
    Good luck.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA, CCNA:S
    Great progress. I know you've been working really hard on this track and it will pay off in the end.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Good luck
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCIE R&S #38616 and many more!
    Iris just an update. The IP Expert WB is much more in depth than the INE WB, but the Videos aren't as good as INE. Keep this in mind as you progress towards your lab attempt.

Great progress so far! Keep up the good work
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. ABL - Always Be Labbin' Iristheangel's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CCIE DC, CCNP R&S/DC, CCDP, CCNA:RS/S/V/DC, CCDA, BCVRE, BCEFP, BCNE, CEH, CHFI, MCSE:S, MCDST, A/S/L/P/N+, some useless Citrix and CIW certs
    Update:

After about 8 months of study, 8 video series, 7 books and probably about 80-100 hours of lab time, I'm now a CCNP Data Center.

Whew. I can say that the tests were lot easier than my CCNP R&S exams but it felt like a different learning curve since I was forced to learn about technologies a bit outside my comfort zone (SAN, UCS, etc). The Nexus content I found a lot more enjoyable and easier to adapt since it still had to do a lot with the lower levels of the OSI model (2/3).

For anyone thinking about taking this trek and are worried about the lack of CCNP-specific materials, these exams are COMPLETELY doable. I would recommend the CCIE DC reading list (7 books total) and the INE videos. You will need to lab with Nexus equipment in order to pass these exams but with UCS, you could probably get away with the emulator 100%. The config guides are your friends. Be sure to read through them and the design guides to understand the configuration, best practices, and troubleshooting for things like vPC, OTV, FabricPath, etc.

Thanks everyone for your support. I'm going to be wrapping up this thread as I head over to the CCIE forum to start studying for the CCIE DC written. I'm aiming at taking it before the end of the year and rolling right into the lab. CCIE DC 2015 or bust! I'm committed to giving the time and energy to make it happen!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    Bonus TE Fun: Nerd Photos
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member Concerned Water's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, VCA6-NV, Sec+, A+
    Iris the go-getter. Congrats!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP
    I'm impressed by your consistency.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    Great achievment, well done! It's very motivating reading your threads.

Congrats
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Roaming teh Bytes OfWolfAndMan's Avatar

Certifications
    A/L/P/S+, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCDP, CCNA R&S/Sec, ACIS ERS 8K & VSP 9K, BS: IT Security
    Congrats Iris. I admire your persistence. I have briefly read into data center technologies, and was initially going to go with the security track, but am starting to think of going the way of data center as I have an interest in the data center/sdn path right now. I currently have the DCV fundies and the nx-os book, but none of the others. My question to you is would it be better to pay INE for some tokens to lab or is there a cheaper solution? And do you typically type all your notes or is it a combination of writing and typing?
    Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation Goals: Bash Shell/Python Automation Refinement [], CCIE R&S Written [X], AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (Maybe) [] CCIE R&S Counter: Somewhere between zero and infinity
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OfWolfAndMan View Post
    Congrats Iris. I admire your persistence. I have briefly read into data center technologies, and was initially going to go with the security track, but am starting to think of going the way of data center as I have an interest in the data center/sdn path right now. I currently have the DCV fundies and the nx-os book, but none of the others. My question to you is would it be better to pay INE for some tokens to lab or is there a cheaper solution? And do you typically type all your notes or is it a combination of writing and typing?
    The only downside to the INE DC tokens is that you first have to buy the CCIE DC workbooks before you can buy rack tokens.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    NCDA, MCSE, VCAP5-DCA, RHCSA, ITIL, MCITP, RHCVA
    Hi All,

Found this thread yesterday and I have been held spellbound by the brute determination demonstrated by Iristheangel.

Who says the world cannot be a better place through determination.

The whole thread was like a soap opera that ended with a sweet conclusion. Congrats Iristheangel on your knowledge expansion and ultimately your CCNP certification, more grease to your elbow.

Iristheangel motivated me beyond explanation, I have been lost in the actual direction to take to tackle the Datacenter certification track and knowledge aquisition being that it is the closest to my preferred field in IT, I have told myself that I was going for it but I was inundated with the sheer number of books and videos that I need to peruse. Thanks Iristheangel for making this happen, I am no novice in the certification ladder so I really really appreciate the sheer determination, time, resources and soul that you poured into this. Please post the name of your CCIE thread here so we can follow.
    Gracias to all other contributors too. This is the best thread ever for me because I was able to get a 100% solution to my problems.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE:DC, CCNP:DC, CCNA:DC, CCDA, VCP:DCV, VCP:NV, JNCIA-JUNOS
    Congrats, Iris!

I definitely agree on the CCIEC books/videos working for the CCNPC.

On the INE videos, I find Mark's videos/audio much more tolerable if you increase them to 1.3x playback speed. I don't have the same trouble with Brian, but Mark's I have the same trouble as you do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. ABL - Always Be Labbin' Iristheangel's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CCIE DC, CCNP R&S/DC, CCDP, CCNA:RS/S/V/DC, CCDA, BCVRE, BCEFP, BCNE, CEH, CHFI, MCSE:S, MCDST, A/S/L/P/N+, some useless Citrix and CIW certs
    Quote Originally Posted by OfWolfAndMan View Post
    Thanks for the congrats I type my notes on Google Docs usually. I used to do handwritten notes but my handwriting is horrible and I'd often have unusable notes after. With my current notes, I can ctrl-F to find a certain part and use bold to call out commands. Makes it easier to lab every chapter when I'm done
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. ABL - Always Be Labbin' Iristheangel's Avatar

Certifications
    Thanks for all the support.

@Joel - I definitely know what you mean about Mark Snow. He's a smart guy but man... his teaching style doesn't jive with me. I sometimes feel like it's death by powerpoint. As far as Brian, he's definitely quite a bit better but sometimes there are tangents when he's labbing that seem a little disorganized to me (i.e. when he fat fingers something and he spends 10 minutes trying to fix it or declares it's a bug).

Overall, I love the INE CCIE R&S videos but I felt the DC videos were a little disorganized or dry at times. I'm not sure if IPExperts is going to be vastly better but I know their workbooks are and their rack rentals are supposed to be a lot less limited than INE's. I'll probably mix and match both when I'm not labbing at work.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member Registered Member
    Congrats Iristheangel !!!
    Your experiencie is the inspirations for other persons !

I will follow your tips. I have already read some recommended books
    Last edited by vrrphsrp1; 03-11-2015 at 04:07 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Social Networking & Bookmarks