+ Reply to Thread
  1. nb-

Default Study Material for CCNP: Security

Hi

After spending 18 hours watching what i belived was the latest CCNP: Security track videoes on CBTNuggets i found out ive been watching the old videoes.....

I know my time is not wasted, but i'd like to actually study for the actual exams i have to pass.. So for the 4 new CCNP: Security exams, which study material would you guys suggest? Does anyone know a video site like CBTNuggets who has videoes for all 4 tracks? CBTNuggets currently only has three. And what books would you recommend?

Another thing that seems a little confusing to me is that the new exam pretty much covers all the old exam topics aswell but with newer technology like theres an ISE exam, VPN, Edge and IPS exam, but how about the old Firewall exam? As far as i can see all the ASA fundamentals topics from the old firewall exam has not been replaced in the new exams, in fact it has been entirely removed? What is supposed to give you the basics hands on and theoretical ASA knowledge?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, CEH, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, A+, Network+, Security+, B.S., M.S.
    Hi nb-,

You are right, CBT Nuggets have the new exams as well on their web site (300-206,208,209). Also there is a book available on Amazon SISAS 300-208. I just purchased it and preparing for the exam.
    Why do you need all 4 exams at the same time? Just take one and by the time you done you will have more study materials for the next one and so on.

If anyone else knows any books/practice exams/videos please let me know.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network +, MCP, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP
    Its now August, and the SENSS Cisco book is still not available! this is mental from Cisco. Guess Ill have to start backwards! 207 it is then,,..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA R&S/Security/SECFND
    Couldn't find any Udemy videos for it too. I guess we'll move on to CBT Nuggets. I plan on finishing the CCNP Sec in 1 year, breaking my study periods in 3 month for each sitting, 2-4 hours on workdays and 8+ on weekends. (Pre-ordered SENSS, I'll start that in ~3 weeks)

As Leugenel mentioned, it would be good to get any information that is out there to pass this exam, even though materials are just being pumped out now.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ― Confucius
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA Sec, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CISSP
    Anyone tried the Skillport videos? I just realized that I get them free through school.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member
    hi Guys,

mental learning looks tough for me though school provide materials for the course, i now realize i probably need some guys to study with or company to. Anyone may be who need to do papers especially R&S
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA R&S/Security/SECFND
    300-206 already temporarily out of stock. Not surprised, but why is the eBook version not available either? Completely utterly hopeless. Agh. I would have ordered the eBook version just so I can get a 2 week head start by studying before the hard copy arrives.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ― Confucius
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by websponge View Post
    Its now August, and the SENSS Cisco book is still not available! this is mental from Cisco. Guess Ill have to start backwards! 207 it is then,,..

I'm surprised it's March 2016 and there's still no information regarding when this book would be released.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    ASC,CCNA R&S ,CCDA, CHFI, CEH, CCNA SEC, CCAI, CCNP R&S
    From CiscoLive ( only hearing ) there will be no book for np:sec this year.....

By the way the new asa-book ( april / march) is recommended as material for learning
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    CCNA:R&S/S, CCNP:R&S, Security+, Palo Alto ACE v7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobene View Post
    From CiscoLive ( only hearing ) there will be no book for np:sec this year.....

By the way the new asa-book ( april / march) is recommended as material for learning
    You mean this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-ASA-All-...ilpage_o01_s00
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member

Certifications
    ASC,CCNA R&S ,CCDA, CHFI, CEH, CCNA SEC, CCAI, CCNP R&S
    Nope
    1587144468 is the isbn
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Certifications
    CCNA:R&S/S, CCNP:R&S, Security+, Palo Alto ACE v7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobene View Post
    Nope
    1587144468 is the isbn
    Ah nice okay. I will say I am highly disappointed in Cisco at this point. I just bought the one i linked as it is the most relevant to the certification but the technologies are already being replaced/ or have been replaced by firepower services, which this new book covers. Unfortunately the current CCNP Tests do not appear to have firepower on them and look to be focused on the CX module and pre firepower services.

But that being said even though the blueprint says that.. they will still probably throw both Firepower questions on the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks