+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CISSP, MCSE x10... and many more
    The big thing on contexts is for active/active failover. Essentially, you have two firewalls that you want active... you setup contexts so you have virtual firewalls.... For instance, physical firewalls 1 and 2, and virtual firewalls A (active), a (passive for A), B (Active), and b (passive for B). Firewall 1 has virtual firewalls A and b and firewall 2 has virtual firewalls a and B. So, it is like a dual active/passive setup and while all hardware is active, each unit has only one active virtual firewall. Assuming firewall 2 fails, firewall 1 assumes the active role for both firewalls and will have firewalls A and B.

I am not sure if I explained that well.... but that is really the purpose of the contexts.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, MCP, CCNA R/S, CCNA-Security, CCNA Collaboration, CCNP R/S
    Powerfool.
    what this guy did is he has two contexts apart from admin context of course. he create INTERNET virtual context and PRIVATE virtual context...and their repsective zones...the Internet context has the NATng and DMZ and the Private deals with I think the vpns coming in off of the DMZ? if that makes sense It is kind of confusing but I am having a CCIE
    which I am paying to come in and teach me all my questions about our main site and its architecture. very cool..I get to pay someone to teach my my networks. I am 75 to 80 percent sure of how it works but that 25 percent I want to make darn sure. I know LOL! I will let you know what I discovered when I contract a CCIE out...
    thanks so much..and I have decided to buy another firewall at work as a spare and practice on it vs using GNS3.."
    I have played with the GNS3 ASA firwall and it is very buggy and for those of you who got it working with no bugs I am glad for you but I followed all the steps on the forums with the flash issue and multiple context issue and I got no results seems buggie so I have decided since I am boss hahaa to just buy a extra ASA5510 with SP license to practice on at work It is good to be king! haahhah LOL thanks guys for the help..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks