+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default CCNP SP certification

I'm starting to study for the CCNP SP, I'll start with the SPROUTE exam. My question to this forum is more about the CCNP SP cert itself, why is it not much information about it in this forum? seems that people is not interested in pursuing this certification track?

any thoughs?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Adtran: ATSA x5, Cambium: ePMP, Cisco: CCENT CCNA, CompTIA: A+ Sec+
    I'd love to do it, seems like it would be more useful than routing and switching for my current job, just don't know where to start with putting together a training plan. For that reason, I'm doing routing and switching first.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+,CCENT,CCNAR&S,CCNA Security,CCNA Voice,CCNP R&S,BCNE2012,HCNA,ITIL Foundations,BCNP, BAIS,VCA-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo_r7 View Post
    I'm starting to study for the CCNP SP, I'll start with the SPROUTE exam. My question to this forum is more about the CCNP SP cert itself, why is it not much information about it in this forum? seems that people is not interested in pursuing this certification track?

any thoughs?

Most people go for the CCIE SP as its 2 exams (and hard exams at that) the move from CCNA SP to CCNP SP is very expensive and the amount of material available is very small compared to the CCIE SP.

Also Cisco does not seem to really care about the SP side of things, most ISP`s would receive in house training on things like MPLS,BGP etc.... From Cisco rather than pursue the cert itself.

And lastly back to the exams being expensive to complete ccna and ccnp SP is going to cost about 1800USD
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE R/S
    I also hold CCNP-SP ( started back when it was CCIP) and for me working in normal enterprise it was a necessity to have a clear understanding of BGP, QoS and MPLS technologies. This is why most pursue it. Its for the most part the same gear needed for RS outside of the XR images but you can run XRv which will do most everything you need to study. You could use the same materials from INE for SP IE
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks