+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, Security+

Default Cisco 3810 router - "no flash SIMM found"?

I had this 3810 voice router in a box and I decided to sell it, since I haven't used it in a while (several years). It boots up to a prompt, but it also boots to a router(boot)# command line. A show ver tells me it is booting to 0x2102 as it should. During the bootup, I get a line that says no flash SIMM found, Flash file system is not available. Doesn't sound good. Also, when I do the command show flash, I get %Error parsing flash: (No such device) and when I do dir flash I get the same thing.

Is this something I can correct from the config of another of my routers, or is it some kind of hardware problem? I can't eliminate the possibility that it may be a humidity-related issue, since it has been boxed in my garage for some time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. I wouldn't listen to me AwesomeGarrett's Avatar

Certifications
    CCIE R&S, CCNP R&S
    Wow that's old. Anyways, have you opened it up and re-seated the flash?

Step two would be to get new flash and retest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, Security+
    Well, I'm not sure I would know the flash if I saw it in order to reseat it. And since I wanted to sell this on eBay, I'm not sure if I could get enough for the router to offset what new flash would cost me if I had to get it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, MCP, S+, N+, A+
    Cat5 - is that MC3810 like this Cisco System MC3800 Series Multiservice Router MC3810 V3 | eBay ?

End-of-Sale Announcement for MC3810 Platforms and Select Modules - Cisco

Looks like it's probably not worth the time/$ to get a new flash for it, I would at least open it up and see if you can re-seat the SIMM/DIMM module.

Cisco MC3810 Series 8MB Flash Upgrade, MEM-381-1X8F
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks