+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CCNP, CCSP, CISSP, MCSE

Default IP-phone provisioning... help desk solution?

My manager asked if I could set the help desk up to provision phones, and create user and voicemail accounts.

I know there are both Cisco and aftermarket tools created for just such a purpose... to give them just enough control to do the above, without having access to the entire UCM infrastructure.

I'm curious if any of you techies use such a tool... and whether you've used Cisco's or a 3rd party's.

Thanks,
    mike
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNA:S, CCNA, CCENT, 2x CCNP:R&S,MECP, A+, Network+, Security+, Network Security Diploma
    I'm pretty sure you just assign them limited rights in the CUCM admin page and under the UC admin page. That's how we did it when I was on Desktop setting up phones. Our Telcom engineer had full admin rights and we had limited rights. Just enough to assign the DN and proper Route partition and to import their AD credentials into Unity.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    check your PM
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks