+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 12 3 Last

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Voice, Security
    Yes I am actually considering sneaking in the second exam for CCNA : Collab after security before I start my CCNP R/S stuff, I will have to check out the materials to see if it's something I can get into.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitviper View Post
    Interesting - I took the older curriculum for CCNP:Voice. I'm assuming I can just take CIPTv2.
    You might find that you have to do CCNA Collaboration first. Not 100% sure seeing as you already hold a CCNP Voice but it is a prerequisite for CCNP Collab.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R+S, CCNA:R+S, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA:S, CCENT, CNSS 4011
    Yeah, it's not very clear.

The video push is causing me to lose interest in voice in general - For what it costs to implement, it's driving people away from Cisco voice/video in the masses.
    Last edited by pitviper; 03-09-2015 at 08:29 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    Several (ITIL, Avaya, ShoreTel, Cisco)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitviper View Post
    Yeah, it's not very clear.

The video push is causing me to lose interest in voice in general - For what it costs to implement, it's driving people away from Cisco voice/video in the masses.
    That's exactly my thoughts as well..not very into video and honestly I can't really think of any customers o know which went for UC/IPT (Cisco or other vendors) that went bananas over video..heck..most of the times I tried getting end users into doing video calls, they wouldn't have ..like they were shy so overall reluctant to go "live". Good to hear I'm not the only one feeling this way
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Voice, Security
    I am actually very surprised by the move to aggressively cram video down voice candidates throats as well. I think I posted it somewhere, but I think CCNP Voice and CCNP Video should be two separate tracks, and if you obtain both you get to claim the CCNP Collaboration title.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    getting CCNP Voice and Video is a lot of work to have the collaboration title. I think it depends on where you work and your market. My former employer Video was HUGE. It got so large one of the voice teams had to swap people around and add a AV group just to handle the demand. I've done about 3-4 video installs myself they are pretty easy. The equipment cost is whats killer.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R+S, CCNA:R+S, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA:S, CCENT, CNSS 4011
    They should do video as a 2 test add-on, with CCNP:Voice being the prereq.

And Yeah, cost is the major problem... I know if it was my business I wouldn't touch the Cisco enterprise video stuff, so it's hard to argue.

not to mention the fact that I'm tired of explaining to high level exes why Skype isn't a viable option on their 65" conference room TVs lol
    Last edited by pitviper; 03-09-2015 at 09:24 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    BS IT (CCNA R&S, Security, Voice) CCDA, MCP XP, A+, L+, P+, LPIC-1, SUSE CLA
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex90 View Post
    You might find that you have to do CCNA Collaboration first. Not 100% sure seeing as you already hold a CCNP Voice but it is a prerequisite for CCNP Collab.
    If you go into the migration tool and select all of the ccnp voice exams that you passed the only test that comes up to migrate to CCNP collab is CIPTV2 so I don't think you have to worry about ccna collab. If it was a prerequisite I think they would list it along side CITPV2 exam requirement to migrate.
    In life you have to make your own opportunities. Don't let anyone stop you from your dreams to many negative people want you to fail because they can't succeed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    Yea you are probably right, I can't imagine why they'd want someone with a CCNP to sit a CCNA exam of essentially the same track.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    Yea I'm hoping to be done with my CCNP Voice before the transition. I had a talk with the head of iPexpert and after my suggestions they thought I had great ideas which may lead them to start working on the CIPTV2 first for the CCNP Voice crowd to quickly transition. I hope by then they have there VCS vm's accessible because ccnp collaboration looks mighty expensive software wise.
    In life you have to make your own opportunities. Don't let anyone stop you from your dreams to many negative people want you to fail because they can't succeed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCP 70-270, 70-290
    here's the migration tool for the new ccnp voice collaboration

CCNP Collaboration Exam Migration Tool - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I have found out that if you have a valid CCNP Voice then you can migrate to CCNP Collaboration by taking the CIPTV2 exam.

If you are like me and do not have a valid CCNP Voice, then you must complete the CCNA Collaboration requirements first. Either by having CCNA Voice and CCNA Video.. or a combination based on the CCNA Collaboration Migration tool.

You can still mix and match CCNP Voice and CCNP Collaboration exams as per the migration tool, as long as the pre-reqs are met.

Also looks like CCNP Collaboration is based on version 9.1 to align with CCIE Collaboration

On this note - has anyone heard wind of study material for the CIPTV2 exam in particular??? I know that CIVND CBT Nuggets have just been finalised but still can't find anything for NP Collab.

I don't think I will make the deadline to have all the CCNP Voice exams completed so I am planning my contingency by doing CIPT1 -> CAPPS -> TSHOOT -> CIVND -> CIPTV2... If I am on track then I will more than likely just do CCNP Voice and then do CIPTV2 to get both. I work with voice daily so I feel comfortable and confident (not cocky) with this plan.

ugh.. stupid deadlines.

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    Would anyone know if you migrate from the CCNP Voice to CCNP Collaboration with the CIPT2V2 exam will the CCNP Collab overwrite the CCNP Voice cert. The same way if you take the written for CCIE COLLAB having a CCIE Voice it migrates and overwrites the Voice and leaves you with only one CCIE vs taking the Collab Lab and having two CCIE's.

Or will you have two CCNP's (Voice and Collaboration) after you take the CIPT2V2?
    Last edited by dmarcisco; 06-16-2015 at 02:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Mow

Certifications
    CCNP Collaboration, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA Sec
    I think it converts it from voice to collaboration. I can try to verify.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    I think it converts to CCNP Collab as well.

I'm sure it will be a lot of ppl (myself included) that'll take the migration path to CCNP Collab. Whats the general consensus in still listing both CCNP Voice and CCNP Collaboration on the resume just to come up in recruiter keyword searches? I'm sure it'll be more then a year or so until recruiters stop looking for CCNP Voice and start looking for CCNP Collab.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member Registered Member

Default CCNP Collaboration Lab Setup

Hi all

I am looking for a self study... I am new to Voice/Collaboration. Please advice me to setup a home lab for preparing ccnp collaboration. My long term goal is certify CCIE.

Please help me ...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member
    The good news is that they are actually doing a Cisco Press book for each of the new exams in the Collaboration track. Within the current Voice track there are only OCG books out for CCNA Voice, CVoice and CIPT1/2...nothing for TShoot or CAPPS.

I'm sick and tired of seeing Cisco tracks that don't have the relevant bloody training materials available. I mean the DC track is a good example, probably the most popular up and coming track at the moment and there is not one flipping book out for the CCNP exams? Yet, there are books for all of the CCNP Wireless exams?! I've never even met a CCNP Wireless!

Anyway, as soon as I've got CCNP RS out of the way then I can get on with the Collab exams, the books should come out at just the right time for me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

The good news is that they are actually doing a Cisco Press book for each of the new exams in the Collaboration track. Within the current Voice track there are only OCG books out for CCNA Voice, CVoice and CIPT1/2...nothing for TShoot or CAPPS.

I'm sick and tired of seeing Cisco tracks that don't have the relevant bloody training materials available. I mean the DC track is a good example, probably the most popular up and coming track at the moment and there is not one flipping book out for the CCNP exams? Yet, there are books for all of the CCNP Wireless exams?! I've never even met a CCNP Wireless!

Anyway, as soon as I've got CCNP RS out of the way then I can get on with the Collab exams, the books should come out at just the right time for me.
    The bit that annoys me a little about this is that I got an email today stating that CCNA Cloud study resources are available at a sale price!... I mean what the!! CCNP Collab was announced BEFORE CCNA Cloud was... mildly frustrating
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S
    Where are you seeing the release date for the new CAPPS? I've looked on Amazon and Ciscopress and have found nothing.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Member
    Don't know what country you're in but in the UK it's due for release on the 28th December.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...dp_o_pd_nS_ttl
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. ame
    Junior Member Registered Member

Default Where did you se January 10th 2016???

I just preordered from Amazon and all it says is
    Pre-order

This title has not yet been released.

Referencing: Implementing Cisco IP Telephony and Video, Part 2 (CIPTV2) Foundation Learning Guide (CCNP Collaboration Exam 300-075 CIPTV2) (3rd Edition) (Foundation Learning Guides) 3rd Edition

by Alex Hannah (Author), Akhil Behl (Author)

I only have TVoice left on the Migration path. I don't think it is possible to bust out 3 exams before Oct. 20th but I also don't want to wait until January to just begin studying......grrrr
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Mow

Certifications
    CCNP Collaboration, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA Sec
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    I wonder if the CCIE Collaboration will have any added content in the near future since as it currently seems ccnp collaboration seems more up to date and relevant content wise in comparison to ccie collaboration.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 12 3 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks