+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: CIPT1 Scheduled

  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    285
    #1

    Default CIPT1 Scheduled

    Hi Guys,

    Booked CIPT1 today, my exam will be on the 7th May I had originally intended to do CAPPS first but I just think that given my CUCM experience CIPT1 will be the best exam for me to start with.

    With the CCNP Voice being retired in Q4 of this year my study plan is going to be pretty busy. I will see how I get on with CIPT1 before making a choice on which exams to take next but ideally I would like to get do to the exams in this order;

    CIPT1, CIPT2, CVOICE, CAPPS, TVOICE

    It's going to be hard but I like a challenge
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Cluj-Napoca, RO
    Posts
    330

    Certifications
    Several (ITIL, Avaya, ShoreTel, Cisco)
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex90 View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Booked CIPT1 today, my exam will be on the 7th May I had originally intended to do CAPPS first but I just think that given my CUCM experience CIPT1 will be the best exam for me to start with.

    With the CCNP Voice being retired in Q4 of this year my study plan is going to be pretty busy. I will see how I get on with CIPT1 before making a choice on which exams to take next but ideally I would like to get do to the exams in this order;

    CIPT1, CIPT2, CVOICE, CAPPS, TVOICE

    It's going to be hard but I like a challenge
    Good luck with the studies Alex! Bring home a win!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    285
    #3
    Thanks mate! I'm about 1/4 of my way through the book and Jeremy's CBT's and so far it's really enjoyable! I'm finding that some of this stuff I can use in my day to day role at work (on top of the things I already do) and that makes it all the more rewarding!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Cluj-Napoca, RO
    Posts
    330

    Certifications
    Several (ITIL, Avaya, ShoreTel, Cisco)
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex90 View Post
    Thanks mate! I'm about 1/4 of my way through the book and Jeremy's CBT's and so far it's really enjoyable! I'm finding that some of this stuff I can use in my day to day role at work (on top of the things I already do) and that makes it all the more rewarding!
    Yeap, CIPT1 was a nice read/practice. A lot of hands-on stuff and most of the things you learn are the really cool. CIPT2 was a lot of cool stuff as well and the Globalization/Localization thingy really makes huge dialplans easier to manage.

    ..and then there's CAPPS...I don't know why (could be I'm just getting anxious though) but I don't like this one one bit..I find it quite the grind to just memorize abbreviations for a lot of stupid frameworks and what not...although that's what UC kinda boils down to nowadays. CIPT1, CIPT2 and CVOICE had their share of crunch but you could see where they were going and most of the theory had its place in the implementation picture...CAPPS just feels like "here's 3000 pages of theory about how it works, then here's the 5 pages you need to know to get it working"..
    Last edited by negru_tudor; 04-14-2015 at 12:46 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member cisco_nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    198
    #5
    Good luck Alex!

    Any reason why you are doing CIPT first over CVOICE?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member ccnpninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Tunisia, North Africa
    Posts
    983

    Certifications
    a few
    #6
    Good luck
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    285
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco_nerd View Post
    Good luck Alex!

    Any reason why you are doing CIPT first over CVOICE?
    Cheers guys! CIPT1 will probably be easier for me to get through as the bulk of my day to day work is with CUCM, that's why I'm going with it first. If I can get this one done fairly quickly it gives me more time to focus on the areas I have less experience with.

    How's the CCIE study going?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member cisco_nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    198
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex90 View Post
    Cheers guys! CIPT1 will probably be easier for me to get through as the bulk of my day to day work is with CUCM, that's why I'm going with it first. If I can get this one done fairly quickly it gives me more time to focus on the areas I have less experience with.

    How's the CCIE study going?
    Getting there! I am sitting all the voice exams along the way to validate each stage of learning to make sure i'm on the right path... I have been doing voice for quite some time now (approx 6 years but never been voice certified) so i'm hoping to have the CCNP Voice track done by come October. Pretty tight, but i'm confident I can make it.

    I have NA Voice next week, then in 5 weeks time (once i finish my current voice implementation cutover - no time to take exams) ill do CIPT 1 and 2 together... then onto CAPPS -> CVOICE and finish with TVOICE.

    Then next year I will aim to sit the CIPTV2 and get NP Collab aswell.. then it will be time to do written IE written this time next year if all goes well
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member cisco_nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    198
    #9
    How did your exam go???? Hope it went well for you buddy!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Cluj-Napoca, RO
    Posts
    330

    Certifications
    Several (ITIL, Avaya, ShoreTel, Cisco)
    #10
    Hi Alex. How was CIPT1? PASS??
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks