+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)

Default taking CIPTV2 for the 3rd time today

I've been studying since November for this exam. Most of the the exam objectives you can find in the SRND and admin guides. First time I missed it by a few questions, the 2nd time I bombed. Hopefully I'll be back with some good news today
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Good luck! Although if you're struggling to pass it then it doesn't give me much confidence
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Passed barley 880, needed 860 to pass. You need to get access to video to pass. I have access to an expressway I just installed so a lot of thigns were fresh in my mind, but I just don't see how you can pass without it
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    Congrats! Passing is passing. That's all that matters.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    any plans on taking the ccie collab written?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    I've lost the desire to really do the IE. Running a company and doing a lot of Asterisk/freeswitch and linux work makes it kinda hard to really get into going all in on the IE.

So when I have a need for an IE, I hire one.
    Last edited by shodown; 03-18-2016 at 05:01 PM.
    Currently Reading

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    a few
    Congrats!
    من طلب عزائم الأمور ، هان عليه بذل النفس فيها - محمد إبن ابي عامر
    www.keyboardbanger.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Mow

Certifications
    CCNP Collaboration, CCNA, CCDA, CCNA Sec
    Congrats! I need to convert before August.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    Several (ITIL, Avaya, ShoreTel, Cisco)
    Quote Originally Posted by shodown View Post
    I've lost the desire to really do the IE. Running a company and doing a lot of Asterisk/freeswitch and linux work makes it kinda hard to really get into going all in on the IE.

So when I have a need for an IE, I hire one.
    Congrats on the pass ! With pushing video into what was a voice professional track (and taking the QoS bits out), a lot of people seem to have lost the appeal to go down this path (myself included).. might go for the CIPTv2 someday to keep the cert. but IE Collab...not likely. I'd rather do a SIP School course / exam..maybe even consider pushing for a NP R&S.

Once more, nice work on the pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    BS IT (CCNA R&S, Security, Voice) CCDA, MCP XP, A+, L+, P+, LPIC-1, SUSE CLA
    Congrats on the pass!

I completely agree with you Negru_tudor, the lost the appeal to go down the ccnp collab path as well. I like voice but video seems like a whole different field all together to me. I actually started to get interested in the security offerings by cisco feels much more dynamic then voice but I don't see a need to get the ccnp sec as I never see a job ad requiring it. I am currently working through the ccnp rs path as well.
    In life you have to make your own opportunities. Don't let anyone stop you from your dreams to many negative people want you to fail because they can't succeed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R+S, CCNA:R+S, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA:S, CCENT, CNSS 4011
    Congrats Sho

Yep, add me to the list - I'm losing interest in the IE collaboration thanks to the heavy emphasis on video. I see video as more of a niche market, not something that I want to be my primary focus.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member
    I'm completely of the same view guys - had my heart set on following the collaboration route as I really enjoy the voice side of things. The focus on video has really put me off though, I'm not remotely interested in it. I also see hardly any jobs asking for it and to be fair, even the voice market doesn't seem to be what it was a couple of years ago.

I've dropped my studies for the collaboration exams and will instead focus on the CCNP RS for now. After that I guess I follow up with either design, DC or security.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks