+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Collab home lab

1. Member

Certifications
    CCNA - Collab

Default Collab home lab

Does anyone here have a collaboration home lab? Where did you purchase it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    At the CCIE level most people build there own lab as they are experienced with the technologies. To answer your question you can buy a powerfull Dell Server first to host your Apps, 64Gig at the min to run 3 clusters and all the apps. Then you can buy 29xx routers as you have the money to add them. You will also need a few phone and POE switches. I would buy the basics you need to test out all the application features, then you use rack rentals for the rest.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CCDA, CCNA: Security, CCNA: R&S, MTA: Networking Fundamentals, Security+, Network+, Linux+, A+, Project+
    I would get the hardest part is getting CUCM. I really have no idea what that would involve, but I know it must be possible because the UNS manager did it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R+S, CCNA:R+S, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA:S, CCENT, CNSS 4011
    At the CCNP level the 60 day demo licenses included with CUCM/CUC should suffice.

Prior to 9.x the license structure was much better suited for learning/playing around with the technology. I still can't understand why they didn't just limit the number of devices and stick with a non-expiring demo.
    Last edited by pitviper; 01-02-2017 at 07:09 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks