+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    146

    Certifications
    PMI CAPM, JLPT-Level 1, CCNA (x2!), CCDA, Network+, A+
    #1

    Default Just curious: Low passing score?

    I am not sure if it is against the NDA to disclose the actual passing score or not, so I won't say exactly what it is, but it was LOW!

    I just took CVOICE on Monday. I was shocked when I saw how low the passing score was. Any logic as to why? It almost seems like Cisco wants to make it as easy as possible to get the CCVP. As low as the passing score was for CVOICE, I feel I could have just done a glance over of the Self-Study Guide for a week and would have passed this test. Hopefully, the rest of the tests won't be so low. Are they?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Cisco Moderator mikej412's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,190

    Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    #2
    That was the lowest passing score of the "voice set" when I took it.

    I figure the scores were low because some of the voice stuff would be new to a data network person.... but if you're prepared, it isn't that bad.

    Figure you'll need at least 35-45 more points for the rest.... if the scores haven't changed much with the updated exams. But back in the "old days" the voice passing scores weren't too much lower than the old CCNP exams.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    146

    Certifications
    PMI CAPM, JLPT-Level 1, CCNA (x2!), CCDA, Network+, A+
    #3
    I see. Would you say that CVOICE is the lowest of all tests you have taken so far? Or are there actually tests even lower? And if so, why do you suppose that is?

    Which makes me think about another thing, what are those specialized cert tests like? After QoS, since I already have CCDA, I am thinking about taking the IP Telephony Desgin test to get that specialized cert. But what are they like? Do you even think they are worth it as they only are good for 2 years and difficult to renew?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Cisco Moderator mikej412's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,190

    Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    #4
    Yeah, I think CVOICE had the lowest passing score of all the exams I took -- but it wasn't the hardest. I think one of the Unity exams may be even lower -- probably because if you don't work with it on a day to day basis (or have access to it) it's hard to memorize screen prints and learn the software. I think they lower the passing scores to give people without access to hardware (and the software) for practice a chance to still pass. It could be lack of hardware or specific books being available for the exams that cause lower scores on beta exams (if they had them).... so if they still want a reasonable number of people to pass they would lower the passing score.

    I think IBM was so desperate at one point for people to certify on some of their stuff that 55% could get you a pass on an exam.

    The Cisco Specialist certificates are nice to have -- but they have the same recertification period as a CCIE -- 2 years. They can be annoying to recertify if you collect multiple CS certificates -- unless you use a CCIE Written (or Lab) to recertify them all. I've got 2 years from my last CCIE Written Exam to either pass a CCIE Lab to recertify them, or I may be taking another CCIE Written (or retaking one of my existing 2) just to keep them if I haven't passed a Lab exam by then.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6

    Certifications
    CCNA CWNA NCSS NCDS
    #5
    Are you able to say what the passing score is?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Cisco Moderator mikej412's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,190

    Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LumbergSaturdays
    Are you able to say what the passing score is?
    From Cisco Online Certification Support
    Code:
    As a matter of policy Cisco Systems, Inc. does not disclose the content of our certification exams. This includes exam pass marks, the exact number of questions on each exam, as well as the number of each type of question a candidate will see during their exam.
    Since Cisco doesn't disclose the pass marks, I'd assume that is part of the "related information" we agree not to disclose when we accept the Cisco Non-Disclosure Agreement before we take any Cisco exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6

    Certifications
    CCNA CWNA NCSS NCDS
    #7
    I see. That's unfortunate since I see pass marks posted in other threads, but for different tests. I understand the need to abide by the NDA, even if I don't personally see the harm in it...



    EDIT:
    Found quote of the ACTUAL confidentiality agreement people accept prior to starting a Cisco test-

    Confidentiality. You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the
    disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of
    Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the
    exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from
    disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information
    including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings,
    diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication,
    including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as
    “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or
    written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written
    permission of Cisco.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Cisco Moderator mikej412's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,190

    Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LumbergSaturdays
    any related information including, without limitation,
    That was exactly what I was referring to with my "related information" -- but I'm not up on legal weasle speak, so I take the "without limitation" to mean "but not limited to" that "sample list of things that would violate NDA."

    As moderator I'll nuke the obvious NDA things (like exam related questions and/or answers) posted that I see here (along with most, if not all, references to dumps and cheat sites, even when the site filters here catch them).... but some of the other things that aren't explicitly stated (like passing score) I leave up to the Cisco NDA police to find and enforce.

    Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement

    The Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy is something I also keep handy and post a snippet from time to time....
    Code:
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc.
    Welcome to the Cisco Forums here at TechExams.net
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Village Idiot dtlokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,389

    Certifications
    CCIE #19991 R+S, CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, CCVP, CCSP, CCSI, MCSE NT4.0, 2000, 2003, + Messaging and Security, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    #9
    A simple google search yeilded the answer you're looking for.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6

    Certifications
    CCNA CWNA NCSS NCDS
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dtlokee
    A simple google search yeilded the answer you're looking for.
    I still don't see anywhere on google where you saw a passing score for the CVOICE test, but needless to say, I just passed it today.

    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Village Idiot dtlokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,389

    Certifications
    CCIE #19991 R+S, CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, CCVP, CCSP, CCSI, MCSE NT4.0, 2000, 2003, + Messaging and Security, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    #11
    Congratulations on the pass, what's next?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6

    Certifications
    CCNA CWNA NCSS NCDS
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dtlokee
    Congratulations on the pass, what's next?
    Thanks dtlokee! Now it's on to CIPT! Just started reading the Cisco CIPT Self-Study, will try to read it front-to-back by this weekend, to get started.

    EDIT:
    On my test print-out I noticed that the wait time for retaking a test has been increased to 180 days?!!!!!!!!! Ho-leeeee cow! Wasn't it 7 days previously?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Village Idiot dtlokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,389

    Certifications
    CCIE #19991 R+S, CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, CCVP, CCSP, CCSI, MCSE NT4.0, 2000, 2003, + Messaging and Security, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by LumbergSaturdays

    Thanks dtlokee! Now it's on to CIPT! Just started reading the Cisco CIPT Self-Study, will try to read it front-to-back by this weekend, to get started.

    EDIT:
    On my test print-out I noticed that the wait time for retaking a test has been increased to 180 days?!!!!!!!!! Ho-leeeee cow! Wasn't it 7 days previously?
    Yeah that 180 day waiting period can be a problem for instructors who need to pass the exam at a score about 50-75 points higher than the usual cut score, so you can pass an eam but not make the instructor mark and need to wait 180 days to retake it.

    Good luck on CIPT.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Cisco Moderator mikej412's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,190

    Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by LumbergSaturdays
    I just passed it today.
    Congratulations!

    Good luck on CIPT! Have you decided on an exam version yet -- the 4.1 version or 5.0?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6

    Certifications
    CCNA CWNA NCSS NCDS
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mikej412
    Quote Originally Posted by LumbergSaturdays
    I just passed it today.
    Congratulations!

    Good luck on CIPT! Have you decided on an exam version yet -- the 4.1 version or 5.0?
    Errr...I need to choose a version? The CIPT book I bought from ciscopress doesn't mention anything about that.

    I'll have to look closer at the PearsonVUE website to find out about this. Thanks for the question, otherwise I wouldn't have found out until the last minute.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Cisco Moderator mikej412's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,190

    Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by LumbergSaturdays
    Errr...I need to choose a version?
    Yep -- check out the Cisco CCVP Certification page
    Your options are the 642-444 CIPT-4.x exam or the 642-445 CIPT 5.0 exam.

    The tasks seem to be almost the same at first glance.... just some upgrade stuff in the 5.0 version at first glance.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    51

    Certifications
    CCNA
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by LumbergSaturdays
    Quote Originally Posted by dtlokee
    Congratulations on the pass, what's next?
    Thanks dtlokee! Now it's on to CIPT! Just started reading the Cisco CIPT Self-Study, will try to read it front-to-back by this weekend, to get started.

    EDIT:
    On my test print-out I noticed that the wait time for retaking a test has been increased to 180 days?!!!!!!!!! Ho-leeeee cow! Wasn't it 7 days previously?

    Are you serious ? They changed it to 180 days of waiting period to retake the test ?

    Please suggest.


    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Cisco Moderator mikej412's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,190

    Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by mariusac
    Are you serious ? They changed it to 180 days of waiting period to retake the test ?
    The 180 is if you PASS to retake the exam. As Derek mentioned that affects Instructors. Instructors have to get a higher score on an exam to qualify to teach the class. If they get a score that would pass a mere mortal but not high enough to qualify to teach it -- they have to wait 180 days.

    If you FAIL -- you still have to wait 5 days between tries.

    Cisco Exam Policies
    Code:
    Retaking Exams
    
        * Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of five (5) calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retest for the same exam.
        * Once passed, a candidate must wait a minimum of 180 days before taking the same exam with an identical exam number.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6

    Certifications
    CCNA CWNA NCSS NCDS
    #19
    Thanks for clearing that up Mike!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    51

    Certifications
    CCNA
    #20

    Default Cisco instructor

    Thanks for the information, Mike

    I thought there are specific cisco certifications for instructor.


    Marius
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Village Idiot dtlokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,389

    Certifications
    CCIE #19991 R+S, CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, CCVP, CCSP, CCSI, MCSE NT4.0, 2000, 2003, + Messaging and Security, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    #21

    Default Re: Cisco instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by mariusac
    Thanks for the information, Mike

    I thought there are specific cisco certifications for instructor.


    Marius
    Yeah, to be a CCSI you need to pass a lab exam and a presentation exam (know as the ICP) then sit through each course you want to deliver with an existing CCSI and pass the exam at the instructor cut score (generally 50-75 points higher than the normal cut score) and wait a few weeks to get your approval to deliver that course, so if you wanted to deliver all the CCVP modules you would need to do this 6 times.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    51

    Certifications
    CCNA
    #22

    Default Re: Cisco instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by dtlokee
    Quote Originally Posted by mariusac
    Thanks for the information, Mike

    I thought there are specific cisco certifications for instructor.


    Marius
    Yeah, to be a CCSI you need to pass a lab exam and a presentation exam (know as the ICP) then sit through each course you want to deliver with an existing CCSI and pass the exam at the instructor cut score (generally 50-75 points higher than the normal cut score) and wait a few weeks to get your approval to deliver that course, so if you wanted to deliver all the CCVP modules you would need to do this 6 times.

    What do you mean by 6 times ?

    So If somebody want to be CCVP instructor, he/she has to pass CCSI + CCVP with a higher score ?

    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. Village Idiot dtlokee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,389

    Certifications
    CCIE #19991 R+S, CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, CCVP, CCSP, CCSI, MCSE NT4.0, 2000, 2003, + Messaging and Security, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    #23

    Default Re: Cisco instructor

    Quote Originally Posted by mariusac
    Quote Originally Posted by dtlokee
    Quote Originally Posted by mariusac
    Thanks for the information, Mike

    I thought there are specific cisco certifications for instructor.


    Marius
    Yeah, to be a CCSI you need to pass a lab exam and a presentation exam (know as the ICP) then sit through each course you want to deliver with an existing CCSI and pass the exam at the instructor cut score (generally 50-75 points higher than the normal cut score) and wait a few weeks to get your approval to deliver that course, so if you wanted to deliver all the CCVP modules you would need to do this 6 times.

    What do you mean by 6 times ?

    So If somebody want to be CCVP instructor, he/she has to pass CCSI + CCVP with a higher score ?

    Thanks
    Yeah, by 6 times I mean for each one of the courses, QoS, CVOICE, TUC, CITP1, CIPT2, GWGK. You also need to sit through the class with a CCSI who is certified to deliver the class.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    51

    Certifications
    CCNA
    #24

    Default could you share your experiences

    Quote Originally Posted by LumbergSaturdays
    Quote Originally Posted by dtlokee
    A simple google search yeilded the answer you're looking for.
    I still don't see anywhere on google where you saw a passing score for the CVOICE test, but needless to say, I just passed it today.


    Hi Lumberg,

    Could you share your experience about passing the CVOICE ?


    Are you working on CIPT now ?
    There are 2 exams for CIPT, right ?

    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2
    #25
    HI:

    Could you tell me how many questions in CVOICE test? THX.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks