+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 First 12 345 Last

Certifications
    A+, MCP, CCNA R/S, CCNA-Security, CCNA Collaboration, CCNP R/S
    Pit
    so the 12.4 IOS you first suggested will work on my 2610XM? just to make sure thanks a lot
    :so these willl work?
    12.4(25b) INT VOICE/VIDEO, IPIP GW, TDMIP GW c2600-ipvoice_ivs-mz.124-25b.bin 128 32
    12.4(25b) INT VOICE/VIDEO, IPIPGW, TDMIP GW AES c2600-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-25b.bin 128 32
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
    I see that you have the book "Cisco Unity Deployment and Solutions Guide." It's not technically part of the CCVP track, but it seems like it would be helpful in understanding Unity. What did you think of the book? Do you think it's essential in the VP track?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R+S, CCNA:R+S, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA:S, CCENT, CNSS 4011
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Atomic View Post
    I see that you have the book "Cisco Unity Deployment and Solutions Guide." It's not technically part of the CCVP track, but it seems like it would be helpful in understanding Unity. What did you think of the book? Do you think it's essential in the VP track?
    It's definitely a good book but a bit overkill for the CCVP for sure. CIPT1 will test you on the basics of integration, and TUC on troubleshooting integration, but neither go much deeper then the initial setup (so far at least) and @ the CCIE:Voice level, you're going to want to focus on Unity Connection. There are a few PDFs on the Cisco site with step by step details for initial integration with CUCM - those will be helpful from a CCVP perspective for sure.

I picked up the book used (<$20) because I needed an indepth resource for comparing the pros and cons of a voice mail deployment w/m$ Exchange data store. Long story short, it's still an ongoing project but we're past the voicemial piece and Unity Connection is where it's at

Now if you have the opportunity to work with Unity - I think that this book would be a must have reference.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I decided to tweak the lab a little bit so here are the latest (and hopefully final!) updates:

Replaced the 2 3550 PoEs with 3560 PoEs, replaced BR2’s phones w/7941s, and switched to a single router (2821) PSTN solution. The IAD was nice but I didn’t really need that many analog connections for the IE voice workbooks (still have 8 simulated POTS lines w/the EVM-HD in the 2821).

(Figured that I’s take pics now while it’s still neat as I just re-cabled everything this w/e)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP:Voice, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA, CCENT, Security +, Network +, A+,CIW
    Once I get money, I'm building that! What is that at the top of the lower section?

My... I dream of having stuff like that! It would make my weekends amazing!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications

Quote Originally Posted by chmorin View Post
    What is that at the top of the lower section?
    It's a 3640 - I'm using it as my Frame-Relay cloud (NM-4Ts on the left) and access server (NM-32A lower right w/the 2 octal cables).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senile old fart laidbackfreak's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CCVP, CCNAV, CCNAS, CCNA
    and when are you gonna open it up to me for rental lol

seriously nice looking rack..... I mean lab!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by laidbackfreak View Post
    and when are you gonna open it up to me for rental lol
    hehe - I'll have to hook the access server up to the ASA one of these days
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+ N+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA-Voice, CCNA-Security, CCNP: Voice
    Very Nice PitViper..

my lab is going to look very similar to this.. yours is all nice n neat.. part of good net mgmnt is how clean the network is built out.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    Not to thread jack.. but heres my WIP... still waiting on another 2811 and 3 more vwics ..then its on. got some short serial cables to keep things neat. make some short eth-45/48s too. Pits pic is ideal.. wish i had your setup..way nicer.

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    LPIC, NCLA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIP
    That looks pretty sick with the 2811s and that 3750. Is that an 877w? Work just bought a couple 881's and they're damn nice for SOHO equipment.

Where did you get your 3750 and 2811 from? If it's ebay then I dunno how you can afford that, or I guess I dunno how to play the game.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    Thanks.. its an 881W / 3750-48-ps from ebay.. i waited a long time for the right deal to come along.. grabbed this sucker up for 1k shipped.. i thought for sure i was going to get a brick but it TOK. the 2811s are from Ebay.. again.. waited and waited .. getting them for 550 shipped interfaces are fake.. some work, some dont.. but for the lab/price..u cant go wrong lol.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I have switch envy Wanted a 3750 but ended up going with 2x 3560s instead.

Like tokhss, all of my 2811s/2821 are from ebay as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    PITVIPER.. i didnt want switch envy either.. after our convo.. i kept looking back at the 3560 and the 3750 and it just looked so much nicer lol.. im superficial
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by tokhss View Post
    PITVIPER.. i didnt want switch envy either.. after our convo.. i kept looking back at the 3560 and the 3750 and it just looked so much nicer lol.. im superficial
    That's OK... I'm running a full 3750 IP Services IOS on the NME-16ES-1G-P module
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by tokhss View Post
    Not to thread jack.. but heres my WIP...
    Looking good!!!! You going to pop that gear into a rack at some point?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member

Certifications
    I hate you ! lol i really want one of those too... maybe at some point i will.

Quote Originally Posted by pitviper View Post
    That's OK... I'm running a full 3750 IP Services IOS on the NME-16ES-1G-P module
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by pitviper View Post
    Looking good!!!! You going to pop that gear into a rack at some point?
    Yeah.. i got a rack but im 50 50 on it right now.. im liking the space im saving right now without it. i got mini spacers for the 2511 and 2650 for air. the rest are all side vent as u know.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member

Default Comparing VWIC's

Thanks for taking the time to post your lab specs guys. I really appreciate the help in figuring out what I need to build my own lab. The dilemma I have right now is whether to buy used vwic-2mft-t1 or vwic2-2mft-t1. Can the vwic-2mft-t1 and vwic-2mft-e1 cards perform all the channelized PRI stuff necessary for CCIE voice labs?

Those dang vwic2's are so much more expensive than the vwic's. Also, I am not concerned with buying knock off versions of the cards as long as they work. We need to save as much money as we can... Can anyone recommend a source of them?

TIA.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Welcome aboard!

The general consensus is that the VWIC2s are unnecessary for a CCVP/CCIE:Voice lab. Old post here with comparison:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccvp...c-1mft-t1.html

As for where to find them cheap, I went the ebay route for almost all of my gear.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member

Certifications
    Ebay is the source Neo. less than 100 bucks on used equipment for the vwics. most sellers with high feedback will refund or you replace the card. i had 2 parts doa and got them returned or exchanged. well worth the cost savings.

also, agreed with Pit.. no need for vwic2/// vwics will do the job just fine.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member

Default Back to back

Thanks again. Can the VWIC-1MFT-T1 cards be connected back-to-back or do they require a CSU?

If they can be connected back-to-back, what cable would you use please?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyManDude View Post
    Thanks again. Can the VWIC-1MFT-T1 cards be connected back-to-back or do they require a CSU?

If they can be connected back-to-back, what cable would you use please?
    They can be connected back to back. You just need a T-1 Crossover cable:

Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    A Few....
    You can also try this little tool that will do the "crossover" for you, for $30 that is. Pretty cool looking tool, but more so for a network testing kit, I'm probably going to pick one up. HTH

-Peanut
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutnoggin View Post
    You can also try this little tool that will do the "crossover" for you, for $30 that is. Pretty cool looking tool, but more so for a network testing kit, I'm probably going to pick one up. HTH

-Peanut
    That thing looks sweet as hell. I think that (if it works well) I want one. I wonder if there are any throughput issues or anything like that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 First 12 345 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks