+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 1760 cue

  1. Senior Member chmorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,443

    Certifications
    CCNP:Voice, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA, CCENT, Security +, Network +, A+,CIW
    #1

    Default 1760 cue

    I am aware that the 1760 does not support AIM-CUE or NM-CUE, but it does support 4.1 CME. Is there any way to implement a CUE with this at all? Is there the CUE linux OS somewhere that I can put on a computer and set up similar to a module that will work?

    I'm starting to build up my CCVP lab, and have been using a virtual 3745 for CME. GNS3 caused more problems than it helped, so I wanted a CME environment that I could try out some CVOICE skills. I am not able to afford very much though, and my next large investment will either be a 2801 or similar, or a custom built server for server 2003/08 so I can run big-boy unity and communication manager.

    I gotta start somewhere. I digress... voicemail on a 1760. Possible?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. was here.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,504
    #2
    No. You can't currently get CUE without an actual CUE NM, AIM or UC box.

    Voice is one of the areas where you'll most probably end up buying a large quantity of real hardware. Dynamips can emulate IOS on certain platforms and QEMU can emulate some of the Linux devices but neither is capable of handling the DSPs or interfaces that you'll need.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member chmorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,443

    Certifications
    CCNP:Voice, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA, CCENT, Security +, Network +, A+,CIW
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tiersten View Post
    No. You can't currently get CUE without an actual CUE NM, AIM or UC box.

    Voice is one of the areas where you'll most probably end up buying a large quantity of real hardware. Dynamips can emulate IOS on certain platforms and QEMU can emulate some of the Linux devices but neither is capable of handling the DSPs or interfaces that you'll need.
    I figured that would be the reply. I think I will get over not having CUE rather quickly after my CVOICE exam, and just be happy to have the money for that go to a server for CUCM and unity instead.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member chmorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,443

    Certifications
    CCNP:Voice, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA, CCENT, Security +, Network +, A+,CIW
    #4
    I have a 2600XM with an empty NM slot. Can I use that and have the 1760 CME communicate with it?

    EDIT: On second thought, those cost a grand. Nevermind.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. was here.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,504
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by chmorin View Post
    I have a 2600XM with an empty NM slot. Can I use that and have the 1760 CME communicate with it?

    EDIT: On second thought, those cost a grand. Nevermind.
    LOL. Yeah. Voice stuff isn't cheap unfortunately. The UC boxes are nice and I know a few people who have used them for studying/lab work but they're even more pricey.

    Its not to everybodies liking but have to considered rack rental?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senile old fart laidbackfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    wandering t'internet
    Posts
    991

    Certifications
    CISSP, CCVP, CCNAV, CCNAS, CCNA
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tiersten View Post
    LOL. Yeah. Voice stuff isn't cheap unfortunately. The UC boxes are nice and I know a few people who have used them for studying/lab work but they're even more pricey.

    Its not to everybodies liking but have to considered rack rental?
    Your not wrong there buddy, I'm gonna invest in some gear to do the basics on, but I am seriously looking at rental options to do some the bigger labs that I have in mind.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member chmorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,443

    Certifications
    CCNP:Voice, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA, CCENT, Security +, Network +, A+,CIW
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by laidbackfreak View Post
    Your not wrong there buddy, I'm gonna invest in some gear to do the basics on, but I am seriously looking at rental options to do some the bigger labs that I have in mind.
    I never really understood how renting labs work.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. was here.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,504
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by chmorin View Post
    I never really understood how renting labs work.
    You get access to a console server basically. Connected is whatever hardware rack you've rented time on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member chmorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,443

    Certifications
    CCNP:Voice, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA, CCENT, Security +, Network +, A+,CIW
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by tiersten View Post
    You get access to a console server basically. Connected is whatever hardware rack you've rented time on.
    What about cabling and stuff? Do they just toss you a topology and say "get er done!"?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. was here.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,504
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by chmorin View Post
    What about cabling and stuff? Do they just toss you a topology and say "get er done!"?
    Yes. They'll have a predefined topology all wired up. If you're doing stuff like CCIE rack rentals then the topology is mostly set for each of the various workbooks so it isn't a big deal.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks