+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCDA, CCNA:Voice(IIUC), CCNP:Voice
    There is a lot of cross over between v6 and v8.

CVOICEv8 = CVOICEv6 with QoS, and CME from IIUC (CCNA-Voice v1)
    CIPTv8 = CIPTv6 with globalization/localization, SAF and some others I cannot think of
    CAPPSv8 = All new, but includes Unity/Unity Connection from CIPT1v6, CUE from IIUC(CCNA-Voice v1)
    TVOICEv8 = TUC with the v8 content additions

So a lot of the CBT Nuggets series is still current.
    Last edited by azaghul; 08-02-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA: Security, CCNA: Voice, CCNP
    for the record, shodown is the MAN and has helped me with my own lab
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitviper View Post
    Yeah, you may be barking up the wrong tree with the CCNP Voice then!

Pitviper where are you at on your journey? I know you were taking on the IE beast?
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R+S, CCNA:R+S, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA:S, CCENT, CNSS 4011
    Quote Originally Posted by shodown View Post
    Pitviper where are you at on your journey? I know you were taking on the IE beast?
    I’m in a bit of a holding pattern of late. Been up to my ears in CUCM/CUC/CUP and that god awful “business” edition attendant console at work – haven’t been in much of a lab mood at nights/weekends. Once things die down a tad I need to finish ROUTE/TSHOOT and then I’ll be back in the saddle for winter IE Voice studies. I have been building some pretty good IE Voice notes (in OneNote) at work which will help later.

My experience of late kind of looks like IE Voice studies actually – big PBX upgrade to Cisco Unified platform (25 year old PBX, 300 DIDs, overlapping blocks, not a SINGLE piece of documentation – basically reverse engineered the entire system by pulling CSR records and starting from scratch – which included getting someone to call every singe number and document), SiP migration, and upcoming items include a stack of 2951 for branch sites (SRST/and CUE on SREs), and so on.

You still hitting the books these days?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R+S, CCNA:R+S, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA:S, CCENT, CNSS 4011
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarcisco View Post
    I have access to the cbt nugget videos do the older videos they have any relevance on th e new track.
    Yes, lots of relevant material in the old videos – Just pay attention to the blueprint and you should be able to get a good amount out of them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    I'm hitting the books a little bit. Kinda in the same situation as you. I have a old PBX with little documentation left. It has around 200 phones still left on it. I'm building out a Euro Cluster and a Asia cluster soon. UCCX scripting and deciding on either building out our CUPS server or using webex connect. I barley get a chance to study. I'm hoping in the next few weeks to knock out a +E164 dial plan so we can have it down in time for the rest of the Euro cluster.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks