+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA/CCNA:V/ATSA-IN
    Well go for it... connect four. Apparently your sh*** aint working.. but hey ...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R+S, CCNA:R+S, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA:S, CCENT, CNSS 4011
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcintosh78 View Post
    I am sure I know the issue. But the phone powers up, tries to negotiate DHCP, can't find it, so it sits in the DHCP discovery mode.
    I am almost sure that the MITEL Phones use the spare pairs for POE, as opposed to the used pairs with power injected into it.
    It appears that the phone is not making a DATA connection to the switch, but is getting power. I am thinking it is a bad patch cable, with a faulty single cable or pair.
    Check the phone documentation – I would think that the phone would display something to indicate that there is a problem. The Cisco IP phones will display the dreaded “Ethernet Disconnected” in the scenario that you described.

I can’t tell you how much time that I’ve spent fixing shoddy wiring while rolling out new phones. My favorite is when you rip the jack apart to find that the “electrician” stole the POE pair to run a an analog handset over the same cable. Sure, the PC will work fine, but the phone not so much
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA,CCNA Security, Nortel DMS,Nortel Norstar,Avaya IP, Telecom Engineer, ITIL v3 Foundation
    Yep, verified as a bad jack. Had a user at the office assist me, plugged it directly into the switch and it was up and rolling.
    Moved it to a known working jack, and same thing.

Thanks guys
    drkat, sorry if I came across as snarkie, that was not my intent. I do appreciate everyone's help with this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks