+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CCNP Voice, CCNA, CCNA Sec, Linux+, Symantec, TCTS, TCTE, MCTS Win7, MCTS SBS 2011, Net+, Sec+
    Hey dentry and others,

I've rewritten the original post here and took out all the "drama" so that the important parts can be easily referred to. I have since reinstalled my lab several times for different reasons and still refer to this thread.

HOW TO INSTALL CUCM and CUC on VMWARE ESXI

CUCM VM REQUIREMENTS:
    2gb RAM
    72gb HDD
    Also, I used RHEL 4 (32bit) Linux as the operating system type. There might be other options that work as well, but I saw this in a youtube video and it works for me.

CUC VM REQUIREMENTS:
    2gb RAM
    250gb HDD
    Type: RHEL 4 (32bit) Linux OS

If on boot, stuck on "Hardware not compatible", your PC may not support hardware virtualization. (Get hardware that is supported)

If on boot, stuck on "Host is virtual hardware capable, but Intel-VT is disabled":

Shut down your PC, boot into BIOS. Find option for VT (mine was under an "OS Security" menu) Enable it.

Reboot.

When I rebooted and started the VM again, the error message persisted. Had to delete the VM and recreate. The newly created VM with same setup information worked and the installation continued.

TIP: If you have lots of hdd space - take snapshots throughout the install proccess because it is many hours long and if something goes wrong, you'll have to start all the way over unless you have a snapshot to refer to.

If you are going to take snapshots, make sure that you check the option for "independently stored snapshots" If you don't, the snapshots will save inside the space allotted for the VM which will cause the install to eventually fail because it will run out of space which is being taken by the snapshots.

SO CHECK THAT OPTION BEFORE STARTING THE INSTALL and BEFORE TAKING A SNAPSHOT.
    That setting is under: EDIT SETTINGS> HARDWARE> HARDDISK> MODE. Check Independent and Persistent

Also, take snapshots once the installs have finished. This way you can work on your lab and then snapback when you want to start with fresh installs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA Voice
    Your explanation is greatly appreciated, thank you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member

Default boot.bif url provided is not working....pls help

Quote Originally Posted by aaron0011 View Post
    To anyone else building a lab here is a tip on how you can make Unified Communications ISO images downloadable from CCO into bootable versions. That way you can build your lab using any version you like.

UC Corner: Make a non-bootable ISO image bootable

If you don't have access to a bootable disc here is the file you inject to make the downloadable images bootable.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7900788/Temp/UCOS-boot.bif

Have all four of my lab server installs running at once.

hi...I was looking for boot.bif file but unfortunately, the url provided here doesn't seem to work....I need the file to make a copy bootable...any help would be appreciated...thank you
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCENT
    You dont need any bif or other file. Yesterday i made own CUCM bootable DVD. Just follow this few steps.
    1.Download cdrtools - http://smithii.com/files/cdrtools-latest.zip
    2.Unzip it to folder like D:\mkiso\
    3. Extract your UCS image UCSInstall_UCOS_8.6.x-xxxxx-x.sgn.iso into folder, like D:\UCSInstall_UCOS_8.6.x-xxxxx-x.sgn
    4. Open cmd. Go to folder, where is extracted image is placed -
    cd /d D:\UCSInstall_UCOS_8.6.x-xxxxx-x.sgn
    5. Finally, run in cmd this command "
    D:\mkiso\mkisofs.exe -A "CDROM" -V "CDROM" -p "Cisco" -J -R -r -v -T -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_8.6.x-xxxxx-x.sgn.iso ." DOT in the end is mandatory
    6. Enjoy
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, MCP, S+, N+, A+
    did000 - Do you have any plans on step-by-step for CUPS install by any chance?

I recently installed 8.6.2.1000 and didn't really have any issues, installed just fine on ESXi 4.1.0
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, MCP, S+, N+, A+
    Cool! I installed new instance of 9.1.x pub/sub + cups/unity in VM as well, but haven't had much time to make the integration work yet.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNP(V), S+ CCIE V(written)
    Just wanted to update you guys, I did a 10.5 lab today and man things have taken a turn for the better. You can setup users in LDAP to pull in a lot more features and they way you can provision phones has changed. The old way is still there, but now you can do a lot of it from 1 screen. So if you have been doing a lot of 9x work its good, but get your hands on 10.5 if you can.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, MCP, S+, N+, A+
    Oh man, that sounds good!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks