+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread: CCNP Madness

Certifications
    CCNA R+S, CCNA:DC, CCNA Security, CCNP R+S, BEng Computer Networking
    Congrats mate, you should be happy with that score! Good luck for your T.Shoot.. although if you have smashed the Route + Switch you should have no problems!
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP
    Congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP:R&S, CCNA:Voice, MSc Networking Technologies
    Well done mate this is really impressive how fast you have got through the material. What have been your study hours and times per week? I struggle to find a balance at times. I will be starting CCNP new year as I'm starting a new job soon and figured with the new material I'd wait. I could definitely use that presentation on GNS3 if you have it still? I never used GNS for CCNA so no clue how to use it really yet. Good luck with TSHOOT!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    CCNA, Security+
    I really hope I don't feel as lost on SWITCH when I read it after my ROUTE test as I do when I read your hurricane of a study/lab schedule! You are inspiring me, that's for sure.

@wallpaper01, GNS3 is such a fantastic program but it does take some configuring and time to get used to. Just don't give up on it if you get frustrated! It is so useful for CCNP ROUTE as you can lab basically anything in there. Absolutely possible to do the ROUTE test strictly with gns3. Good luck and I too am interested in that presentation. I would like to see what else I could learn.

Congrats on the pass Wolf! After the quickness you got through route and switch I'm sure tshoot won't be an issue for you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Roaming teh Bytes OfWolfAndMan's Avatar

Certifications
    A/L/P/S+, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCDP, CCNA R&S/Sec, ACIS ERS 8K & VSP 9K, BS: IT Security
    Thank you everyone!

@wallpaper: My study hours on the weekday typically consist of anywhere between 2-4 hours. I usually separate the reading and videos from the labs, but when I'm labbing, I make sure I include as much detail as possible on my configurations. I typically do a 25 minutes on/5 minutes off X4 and then I will take a longer break after the fourth session. The weekends themselves can consist of anywhere from 4-8 hours of study time and typically include one or two cups of Starbucks coffee

ROUTE was much more difficult, not just for the amount of information, but the amounts of technology in the exam I have never touched. EIGRP, OSPF, static routing, authentication and several other topics were somewhat familiar to me, but BGP, PBR, route filtering, IPSec VPNs (The config. I learned some of the theory in CCNA Security), and several other topics were somewhat alien to me. As for SWITCH, I had more time to practice my skills as many of the features introduced in the SWITCH exam (To include RSTP, BPDUguard, UDLD, MLS, VTPv3, and several others) were somewhat familiar to me at the time. I'm glad I can inspire you! If you want to be quizzed, I'd be more than happy to shoot you a couple of questions! TomTom and I did that before I took the SWITCH exam, and it definitely helped.

I'll get the GNS3 tutorial up and advertised after I get off work. @Scorp6, GNS3 will help you through all of your ROUTE material, and even some of the basic SWITCH material if you put a 16ESW module on one of the routers.
    Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation Goals: Bash Shell/Python Automation Refinement [], CCIE R&S Written [X], AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (Maybe) [] CCIE R&S Counter: Somewhere between zero and infinity
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Roaming teh Bytes OfWolfAndMan's Avatar

Certifications
    A/L/P/S+, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCDP, CCNA R&S/Sec, ACIS ERS 8K & VSP 9K, BS: IT Security
    Alright guys, here's the tutorial. Have fun!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0M...it?usp=sharing
    Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation Goals: Bash Shell/Python Automation Refinement [], CCIE R&S Written [X], AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (Maybe) [] CCIE R&S Counter: Somewhere between zero and infinity
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Roaming teh Bytes OfWolfAndMan's Avatar

Certifications
    Finished running through the FLG this weekend, along with enjoying a trip to Charlotte with the wife and a day of floating the river. Have the lab topology setup and have already been setting up a couple different scenarios. With the pace I'm going at, even though I am currently starting up my course material for WGU (CUV1. Web Design crap), I feel confident I can pass this before the middle of the month. Hopefully. I'll have to allocate my time for labbing/TSHOOT reading/CUV1 study appropriately. I purchased the Simplified book and I'll be looking through that to see what the FLG left out, as aside from a few new terms, it seems redundant from the ROUTE/SWITCH material.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Roaming teh Bytes OfWolfAndMan's Avatar

Certifications
    Test is Monday! Confident with the material I've been covering and the labbing I've been doing. We'll see if the hard work pays off!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Roaming teh Bytes OfWolfAndMan's Avatar

Certifications
    Well guys, I'd like to say that exam was much easier than expected. Passed the TSHOOT with a 945! Here's my input: Use the TSHOOT topology Cisco provides. Know the technologies, and if you have job experience, it'll definitely help. I used the TSHOOT FLG, and overviewed my SWITCH and ROUTE notes. Just remember that troubleshooting is not the same as configuration!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA-DC
    Yeaaaaaa buddy!!! Congrats on the pass man!! That has to feel so good!!

So here's the question that we always ask, what's next!?! You going to jump into the big CCIE?

Once again, congrats mate! Well done!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA N+, Win 7, MCITP: SA, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA R&S, JNCIA, JNCIS-ENT, HP ATP V1 & V2, Aruba ACMP, Palo Alto ACE, Citrix CCP-N
    Congrats Wolf, well deserved!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Roaming teh Bytes OfWolfAndMan's Avatar

Certifications
    Thank you guys!

Ninjaturtle, at this point in my studies/career, I want to focus on certain skills and knowledge. As I am school now, I will be working on that as I increase my understanding of certain networking technologies (Multicast, QoS, Cisco ISE, Junos, Nexus), while getting a foundation for things such as Windows server technologies, F5 load balancers, and an understanding of vsphere. I know that sounds like a lot for the next 4-6 months, but I'm willing to put in the time necessary. Thank you everyone and TechExams for supporting my endeavors!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA-DC
    It doesn't sound like a lot, it sounds like you really enjoy this stuff. That's the key!! More power to you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    JNCIP-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIA-JunOS, CCNA, CCENT, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, MCP, Network+, Security+
    im a bit late but congrats!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks