+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH
    Triple play router?

Haha no my CPE is net gear. Figured out this is normal, seems weird anyone would have telnet enabled though. I know it happens, but on newer equipment?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH
    Working with L2 port channels...

When I delete a PO interface, do the interfaces that were previously in that PO move to a shutdown state on their own?

That is what I am observing, I just can't find any official document that confirms it.

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH
    Filled out more of my study guide, over 50% complete as of today. Completed about 20% of the lab guide. School starts up again this wednesday, two classes...400 level math and 200 level elective...I will see how time consuming these are and adjust study from there.

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH
    ughh....school is very time consuming this semester. The classes are 2-3 hours a day leaving 0-1 hours a day for CCNP. Progress has significantly slowed, but I am still reading/studying/labbing as I get time.

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH
    School has greatly impacted the amount of study time I have. I am seriously doubting the renewal at this point.

Working on L3 ethchannels this morning.

Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    Several (ITIL, Avaya, ShoreTel, Cisco)
    Quote Originally Posted by --chris-- View Post
    School has greatly impacted the amount of study time I have. I am seriously doubting the renewal at this point.

Working on L3 ethchannels this morning.
    school has a way of getting into the way of things, that's what experience taught me :P anyway, you can do it man, any progress is fine as long as you grind through it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH
    Yeah re-reading that post came off a bit pessimistic. It was meant more or less for anyone following along now or who may find this later and wonder "whats with the week between updates?"

Definitely not giving up and in fact finished this weeks school work today so now I have from tonight through Thursday morning to focus on SWITCH. I was able to finish of section 1.0 of the objectives/notes at work today and started on teh security features (DHCP snooping, IP Source Guard) which is pretty much review since I have read the material and worked with it on the field.

When I started SWITCH, most of the topics were well over my head. Having worked as a network "engineer" for almost 4 months now though, most of these topics are actually not that technical and I find myself working on even harder things daily.

Its all perception I guess.

Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CCDA, CCNA: Security, CCNA: R&S, MTA: Networking Fundamentals, Security+, Network+, Linux+, A+, Project+
    Quote Originally Posted by --chris-- View Post
    Working with L2 port channels...

When I delete a PO interface, do the interfaces that were previously in that PO move to a shutdown state on their own?

That is what I am observing, I just can't find any official document that confirms it.
    Port Channels can be weird. I am trying to think what I was doing on a Nexus 7k a month ago, but whatever I did to the PO interface actually did not affect the physical members of the port channel. Not a big deal, I recognized it and fixed it. It was unexpected at the time though (though my boss said it was the expected behavior and he would know better) and now it is bugging me lol.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH
    I think about this thread weekly.

I hate starting something and not finishing it, but the honest truth is I have to be flexible (because "rigid" will break). When I started this thread I thought the only way to progress in the direction I wanted was to keep working towards CCN* and learn/earn my way up.

I am about 1 year into my first year as a "network engineer" and my job is slowly shifting into security & compliance with a mix of network eng work. I like the direction its shifting, this is the area I went to school for (BS in Info Assurance). I feel my 2-3 years as a sys admin and 1 year as a net eng will serve me well in this new direction.

With that said, I am going to declare this CCNP attempt dead.

I may circle back to this at some point, but with my CCNA expiring this January and my job wanting me to focus on school (graduate in 6 months!) and security certs I can't prioritize this cert over that stuff. I have been handed a tremendous opportunity here and I don't want to be hung up on this CCNP attempt...sorry for the rant, but I get upset with anything I fail to follow through on.

So whats next? This summer will be CEH, then if the overlap is strong enough CHFA....leading into WGU's MSCISA in 2018 (may be able to get the employer to pick up the bill).

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Voice, Security
    I call the CCNP R/S the brain killer cert, I test this Friday, and I don't even know what to do in preparation.

I am covering the bases I didn't pay a lot of attention to, but in doing that I've forgotten a large chunk of BGP information I learned just a month or so ago, so I am trying to measure how many solid hours I would have to watch every day for the next 3 days without clicking pause to get through all 8-9 hours of BGP in the INE R/S track.

If I pass this exam I might fall out of the chair and just stroke out due to happiness, cause studying is turning from a fun learning experience into a grind, trying to keep all the details in my head for exam day.

So I'm going to take the leap of faith Friday and just see what happens x_x My brain is tired.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH
    Quote Originally Posted by ande0255 View Post
    I call the CCNP R/S the brain killer cert, I test this Friday, and I don't even know what to do in preparation.

I am covering the bases I didn't pay a lot of attention to, but in doing that I've forgotten a large chunk of BGP information I learned just a month or so ago, so I am trying to measure how many solid hours I would have to watch every day for the next 3 days without clicking pause to get through all 8-9 hours of BGP in the INE R/S track.

If I pass this exam I might fall out of the chair and just stroke out due to happiness, cause studying is turning from a fun learning experience into a grind, trying to keep all the details in my head for exam day.

So I'm going to take the leap of faith Friday and just see what happens x_x My brain is tired.
    Good luck mate, don't get to hung up on the potential "failure" aspect of exams...you can take it again for a few bones more.

Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks