+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default CCNP Switch preparation questions

Hi,

I am planning to do the CCNP, starting with switch. I have read the FAQs but I noted most are dated from 2006 - 2008. Has the exam really not changed much in the last 10 years, does this make the exam less valuable today?

Anyway, I am trying to find out what material is best to use for the exam today.

Is the CCNP series by Jeremy cioara enough material to prepare for the exam?

I have very little hardware to use. Whats the best simulation software to use and is it enough to prepare for the exam?

What is a good book to use?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    RHC(A Lv2|T|E|SA|VA|DS|SA on RHOS),HP-UX CSA,MCTS(x11),MCSE(x4), MCSA(x6), JNCIS-SEC/ENT, CCNA R&S/SEC/DC, SCS:NBU 7.5, EMCISA, CCNP:R&S
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard_Parker View Post
    Hi,

I am planning to do the CCNP, starting with switch. I have read the FAQs but I noted most are dated from 2006 - 2008. Has the exam really not changed much in the last 10 years, does this make the exam less valuable today?

Anyway, I am trying to find out what material is best to use for the exam today.

Is the CCNP series by Jeremy cioara enough material to prepare for the exam?

I have very little hardware to use. Whats the best simulation software to use and is it enough to prepare for the exam?

What is a good book to use?
    I can recommend OCG from Cisco Press and INE Switch course.
    And about simulation - nothing can fully simulate real gear - just buy some time in rack rental - the best solution IMHO.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA R&S
    For the Switch exam you really need real gear. Virtualization is not that good at re-creating all of the features you will be tested on for the exam
    Studying CCNP Route.

CCNP Switch passed, 12/10/2015
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA(Security/Data Center), PCNSE 7, MCITP: Exchange 2010
    Jeremy's course is good, but not enough for the exam. I also recommend INE's course.

Physical hardware is great, but Cisco VIRL would also be helpful for you, if you have a machine capable of running it on.

VIRL - Virtual Internet Routing Lab

You can also buy labs from CLN

https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.c...50h180d-020162
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    have valid dumps,,please send to my
    mail
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Adtran: ATSA x5, Cambium: ePMP, Cisco: CCENT CCNA, CompTIA: A+ Sec+
    Yogiraj an, Please don't spread test dumps. It's offensive to those of us who follow the rules.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks