Going to throw my hat in the ring for CCNP. I have had my CCNA for two years now. My job consist of me doing 50% help desk 50% networking duties. My networking duties consist of mostly all switching related stuff. Vlans, trunks, STP. HSRP, dhcp snooping, snmp, ntp, acl’s etc.

I am starting out with switch, since it is what I know best. I have studied for switch in the past, but life happens.

My work purchases Stormwind training (not my choice). That comes with boson netsim, and boson Exams. I have already taken the class. It was 2 hours a day for 8 days online. I wasn’t that impressed. While it was nice to have a live person to ask questions, the class felt lacking and did not provide very many examples or best practices.

I also have bought ITproTV subscription, it was half off and I could not afford INE on my own. I also have a Safari books online subscription. I think Kevin Wallace’s videos are the most informative.

I am just about done with section 1.6 Configure and verify spanning tree part of the blue print. This puts me about 50% though the blue print.

I hope to sit for the exam in 6 to 8 weeks. I will let you know how it goes.