+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, Project+, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCNA Sec,R&S
    Got a copy of How to master CCNP Switch, and it looked like an easy read, so I decided to knock that out. Finished it yesterday, and I've done all the labs twice from gns3vault.com which were also linked in the book. Going to move to the OCG now. I'm definitely taking this test within a month.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S
    So about 3-4 months for you to do switch you think?

I've just finished route after 7 months. But I don't touch layer 3 in my current role at all its all purely switching so hopefully switch will be much quicker
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    Wednesday will be 3 months. If I pass, I'd be pretty happy with the pace, but I gave my CCNA a lot more time. This is also the first bit of studying I've done since getting my B.S. last April. During that time, I was studying like crazy, at work, at home after kids were asleep, on the weekends. Now it's more like an hour or so during my lunch at work, and none at home.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    Test booked for 10/14. At this point I'm just re-reading notes, redoing labs, browsing through the config guide. I sort of feel like I'm at the point where I'm not going to learn too much more without seeing the test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA-R&S, JNCIA, Linux+
    Nice- Good luck! I scheduled my SWITCH exam for 10/16 , so I'll be interested in hearing how you find the exam to be. Do you have a lot of work experience with Cisco equipment? Most of mine is done through labbing/simulation at home as I work primarily with Juniper equipment at my job. I've also been using the practice exams /flashcards from Transcender which are decent for reinforcing syntax. I feel fairly confident, however I've also read that the SWITCH exam is more difficult than it seems so I'm making sure to constantly review my notes during any free time I have.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    My last job I only managed our local LAN. Our core was a 2-switch stack of cisco 3750s, but everything else was HP. At my current job, we're all cisco, so there's that. But I'd still say a majority of my learning came from GNS3 and packet tracer.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    Annnd we have a pass. I was getting too stressed out waiting two more weeks, and they had an opening pop up tonight so I took it. Glad to have one down. On to ROUTE!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S
    Woohoo good effort mate!
    Route is a beast
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    Gonna stick to the same study formula for ROUTE as I did for SWITCH, so first up are Chris Bryant's videos on Udemy. Route is 129 videos split into 12 sections with a duration of about 17h 42m. Here we go!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S/Wireless/Security, Security+, BS in CS, MPA in Computer & Network Security
    Congrats on the pass. I took it on on the 4th and passed as well. I've been spinning up the Route INE videos since then. Maybe I was just burnt out on switch topics, but studying for route seems easier so far. I think it may just be the mystery of new topics since I work primarily with multilayer switching and not very much in the wan.
    Q4-2017-Q1-2018 Goals: CCNP R&S: SWITCH[X] Route [] TSHOOT []
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    a + net+
    congrats
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA-R&S, JNCIA, Linux+
    Awesome- congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member

Certifications
    Things kick off with EIGRP. 12 videos into the series, covered some general routing basics and now EIGRP fundamentals. Digging into more advanced EIGRP topics now on packet types, timers, and distance.

Routing is the area where I'm lacking the most experience. I've been in IT a little over 6 years now, and I've probably spent under 30 minutes on a production router. That will change quickly with my current job, so this course is very much needed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks