+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Darth Lord of the Sith ITSpectre's Avatar

Certifications
    Sec+, MTA, MCP
    Creds will get you in the door....
    experience will keep you there....

creds without experience is like a car with no gas.... you wont go far.
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CISSP CEH CCNP Security
    The original post in this thread is over a month old, does that qualify as thread necro?
    Anyhow, I just wanted to throw in my $.02 - most CCNP jobs I come across don't care about your degree. That will help (obviously,) but configuring Cisco devices and acting as a technical engineering resource are not things you develop in a college classroom, in most cases. If you want to work for a top company, it will be (obviously) more competitive but for most other places you are fine with a 2-year degree to get started. As others pointed out, it is mostly about the experience that you have.
    Last edited by mbarrett; 08-22-2017 at 06:05 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    The certs and degree are a great start but what will get you the job is your drive and experience. A great personality would be the cherry on top!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex93 View Post
    Hey guys I'm almost done with my community college and want to choose a path for my carrier. I'm studying IT and I'm interested in doing networking and I wants to finish college and studying to get a job soon as possible, I'm planing to get a CCNA and CCNP certificate. My question is would these get me anywhere with good salary?? Has anybody done that?
    First of all congrats on getting your degree (almost) that's a big time accomplishment. Don't down play that degree, an associates in something relevant is a big time accomplishment. Hopefully it's at least semi STEM.

You get that with the CCNP and you are in REALLY good shape.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks