+ Reply to Thread
  1. The Bringer of Light DevilWAH's Avatar

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, ITIL Foundation, CCNP SWITCH,ROUTE, Zoology BSc,

Default NAt from a loopback interface

Can anyone remind me why this does not work. I have two routers connected together with int f2/0 connecting the two together

On first router I have done

int f2/0
    ip address 192.168.0.2 255.255.255.0
    ip nat enable

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 (point to other router)

ip access standard NAT-add
    permit 192.168.100.0 0.0.0.255

ip nat source list NAT-add interface f2/0 overload

int loopback 0
    ip address 192.168.100.10 255.255.255.255

ping 8.8.8.8 source 192.168.100.10

so a ping to 8.8.8.8 from the ip address of the loopback interface. But it does not hit the NAT translation. can anyone remind me how to do NAT when the source is Loopback and the translation is on the same router?

Cheers
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. The Bringer of Light DevilWAH's Avatar

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, ITIL Foundation, CCNP SWITCH,ROUTE, Zoology BSc,
    Its ok remembered you have to sue the inside and outside commands.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks