+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 12 3 Last

Certifications
    CCDA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE R&S, Security+, CISSP, SCP #2235, CCNA: DC
    Wow, congrats x2..looks like I have a lot to live up to, with you two gents passing on your retakes...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    Quote Originally Posted by cambei
    Passed
    Quote Originally Posted by buemae808
    Passed my BSCI
    2 x Congratulations!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    9 days till round #2...cutting it kinda close! It's not helping that working with almost 100% foundry jacks me all up...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Retaking tomorrow morning. I should have given myself more time to study, as I still don't feel prepared, but I'm taking advantage of the free second chance, so I guess that's a good thing. I'm a lot stronger on IS-IS and Multicasting than I was (my two worst subjects), but I feel weaker with IPv6 since I haven't focused on it. We shall see. In 12 hours I'll be starting my exam.

I obviously hope I pass, but if not, I'm not terribly worried, I know I've got to be really close.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA
    Good luck. I am working on my BSCI also.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Woke up early, since I had a customer calling me asking me for help..nothing like some early morning troubleshooting. Sounds like an opportunity to grab a bite to eat, and review IPv6 in the parking lot of the testing center!! Wish me luck...T-minus 1 1/2 hrs!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,Net+,S+,MCSA:S & MCSE:S 2k3,MCITP:SA/EA, CCNA:Security/RS/DC,CCNP DC, CCIE RS 51060
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrock4
    Woke up early, since I had a customer calling me asking me for help..nothing like some early morning troubleshooting. Sounds like an opportunity to grab a bite to eat, and review IPv6 in the parking lot of the testing center!! Wish me luck...T-minus 1 1/2 hrs!!

good luck!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. nel

Certifications
    A+ , Network+, MCSA 2003, CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIA-JunOS, JNCIS-ENT, Bsc(hons) & Msc Degree
    Good luck man, i hope you do it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+, Server+, i-Net+, CCNA Security, CCENT, MCITP:EST, MCDST, MCTS:Vista, HDI/CSR, HDI/SCA, HDI/DST, Apple, Dell
    Good luck dude!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    ccna - now forgotten; working on relearning it with BSCI
    good luck mate
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIS-SP, JNCIA, JNCDA, CCNA, CCNA:Security, MCP, A+, N+, L+, MST:InfoSec, CNSS 4011-4015
    Good luck to you!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Ahhhh!! Failed...744. I'm not down at all, more frustrated because I know I'm so close. I flew through the sims, I'd say the biggest things that got me were shockingly DHCP (4-5 questions I think..that's way more than last time), and some summary stuff.

I was surprised, 35 questions in, and not ONE sim..then what...2 of em, back to back. Thankfully those were cake but, come on!

Here's my breakdown:

Implement EIGRP Operations: 55% (ouch..)

Implement multiarea OSPF operations 60% (Surprising, because OSPF is one of my strong points. I think my issue here was more with attention to detail, since I may have been overconfident in OSPF)

Describe Integrated IS-IS: 71% (was 15% last time..big improvement..)

Implement Cisco IOS Routing features: 60%..I think this was the DHCP section...

Implement BGP for enterprise connectivity: 72%..I felt confident with BGP implementation. If anything, I just need to read on BGP more, since the questions I probably missed were regarding message types and whatnot.

Implement multicast forwarding: 75%...up from 33% last time..

Implement IPv6: 50%...no change. I didn't study IPv6 between now and last time at all, other than cramming a bit last night, and then before the test...mistake.

I'm pretty confident I suppose. I felt like I really new my stuff on IS-IS/Mcast/BGP, so I think I should be ready to go in a week or two. I'm going to hit the books again, and in a day or two I'll decide if I need one or two weeks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Went to the dark side.... Moderator networker050184's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-SP, JNCIP-SP, MCA200
    That is too bad, but I guess you knew you were not very well prepared.

I'd suggest just studying until you are ready rather then setting time lines.

Good luck on the next attempt when ever it may be!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,Net+,S+,MCSA:S & MCSE:S 2k3,MCITP:SA/EA, CCNA:Security/RS/DC,CCNP DC, CCIE RS 51060
    good luck on that next one!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA
    I wouldn't worry. I know you will pass it. I think you know where your weak points are and will do a lot better next time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    B.CS., CCNA, Network+, Security+
    The BSCI is a temptress, no? I'm confident your subsequent attempts at luring her will prove fruitful.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. nel

Certifications
    A+ , Network+, MCSA 2003, CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIA-JunOS, JNCIS-ENT, Bsc(hons) & Msc Degree
    Unlucky man,

But serious i would follow networkers advice - only go for it when you feel ready.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thanks guys. Only issue about just going when I feel ready is..I will never feel ready. I have to go back to work for a couple of hrs today, but I will be hitting the books as soon as I get off.

On the bright side, I've done some of my best studying since beginning the CCNP track.

Edit: And..my work gave me the rest of the day off..so I'm going to hit EIGRP with a vengeance.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. nel

Certifications
    OK,

im the same i never feel ready but realistically deep down i know im ready when i read the book and nothing really phases me or catches me off guard etc.

Could you read the bsci study guide and say that? going from your other posts its doubtful.

besides whats the rush?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I didn't even want to take the test today...I wanted to take it in about 2 weeks. BUT...I took it for free with the second chance promotion.

So, it was a free practice test. I ask you then..why not?

I would say there is no rush, but I'd be lying. I'm highly motivated, and want to make a quality life for myself. My goal has been to get the CCNP before my 23rd birthday. It was originally before my 22nd, but I passed that up, and here goes, the 23rd creeping up on me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. nel

Certifications
    So, it was a free practice test. I ask you then..why not?
    I can understand for the free retake but to take the exam initially when you werent ready

Its upto you at the end of the day but imo i just think you are rushing slightly and if your rushing it you clearly dont know the material well enough - as seen by your exam results. So ultimately you arent learning the material and you will suffer in the long term as a result as i assume you dont work with this on a daily basis? This is why i think you just slow down and dont rush into the next one.

I know you'll come back and get it the third time round and i really hope you do mate.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Got Some...Getting More.
    Try to relax and not impose artificial deadlines on yourself. Understanding the BSCI material is highly important and attempting it (especially after a first attempt) without really getting a good understanding of the material will lead to more frustration....

Good luck on the next attempt and ask questions on here if you are unclear on certain concepts.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I know what you're saying, but I want to re-iterate what I said in a previous thread...

My test voucher was expiring for the BSCI, on October 3rd. I took the test October 2nd since it was like..lose $150, or give it a shot? Obviously I figured I might as well get a glimpse of what I was in for. That's all. This attempt today was my first true attempt, so yeah.

I actually do work with this stuff on a daily basis- to an extent. Our network is migrating to Foundry IPv6 stuff..(from all cisco IPv4)..and I do mostly layer 2 work. I deal with a fair amount of multicasting on a daily basis as well. Some of the stuff applies, some doesn't. Probably why I was able to get a 711 on my first attempt with no studying.

I will get it next time for sure..it's not even a question. I do appreciate the advice.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCDP, MCSA, Security +. Network +, A+
    You are now in good company. It took me three times to pass the BSCI. What helped me the most was Chris Bryant's material, I purchased it after the second failure, while I was ready to git it up. I purchased his complete CCNP track, and once I started reading it, I found 3 or four areas where I know I missed questions on the exam.

Good luck, and it sounds like you still have a great attitude.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Senior Member

Certifications
    BS Computer Science, A+, Linux +, MCSA 2003, CCNP
    Quote Originally Posted by miller811
    You are now in good company. It took me three times to pass the BSCI. What helped me the most was Chris Bryant's material, I purchased it after the second failure, while I was ready to git it up. I purchased his complete CCNP track, and once I started reading it, I found 3 or four areas where I know I missed questions on the exam.

Good luck, and it sounds like you still have a great attitude.
    Im with Miller811 here, after failing I did use my friends copy of the Train Signal (Bryant) material to study the things I was weak in again and it paid off. Chris uses a nice lecture/lab back and forth format. You will pass it, and you won't be the only one taking more than two tries to do so! It is a tuff test. Also, the DHCP thing ya I wouldn't have expected that on the exam either. I never was quized heavily on it.

Take a break man, Im 26 and just starting the CCNP track so at 23 your already ahead of me at least.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 12 3 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks