+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    B.CS., CCNA, Network+, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand
    Like the man once said, "methinks the lady doth protest too much."
    Whenever Shakespeare accompanies a BSCI debate it tickles me in all the right places, but I am slightly saddened by your misstep:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/List_of_misquotations
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNP, CCSP, CISSP, MCSE
    Notice, you're the only one so far that seems to think there's cheating going on.
    And that, my friend, worries me.

Come on now... am I the only one (maybe with the exception of GTRob... thanks for the endorsement) who has sat this truly evil exam, and honestly, without malice, doesn't think it's possible to get a 977 with more than a half hour left? Am I the only one?

Anyway, one things for sure, no one's knowingly going to admit to cheating, so this little trip's going nowhere. So, again, congrats deezul... I'm obviously jealous.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    A+, Linux+, Server+, Security+, MCSA 2003, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA(expired), ITIL Foundation v3 (2011), VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM
    Quote Originally Posted by mikearama
    Notice, you're the only one so far that seems to think there's cheating going on.

Come on now... am I the only one (maybe with the exception of GTRob... thanks for the endorsement) who has sat this truly evil exam, and honestly, without malice, doesn't think it's possible to get a 977 with more than a half hour left? Am I the only one?
    Obviously, you are the only one getting your panties in such a bunch over it. Personally, yes, I do think you're being jealous and acting up in a very petty way. Is there cheating? Of course there is. Is that the natural conclusion to draw when someone accomplishes something you cannot? Nope. Until you have some proof, something other than "your gut instinct", you're not really going to win over any support with your manufactured outrage. If he cheated, he'll pay for it in the end. If he didn't, then it's just true that he studied 4 - 5 hours a day and got a good score at a fast pace. The only game I see here is mud-slinging without any just cause, and it brings down the rest of the forum just as much as the dumpers do.

Quote Originally Posted by wat08
    Whenever Shakespeare accompanies a BSCI debate it tickles me in all the right places, but I am slightly saddened by your misstep:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/List_of_misquotations
    Heh, heh. . . that's why I didn't quote Shakespeare directly. The mis-quote is seen so often, it's become a staple-saying of its own. Nice link, though, it's always fun to read up on the quotes as they're meant to be.

-------------------------------------------------------
    ITHumidor.net - "Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis"

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Virtual Academy
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top 50 PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Went to the dark side.... Moderator networker050184's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-SP, JNCIP-SP, MCA200

Anyway, one things for sure, no one's knowingly going to admit to cheating, so this little trip's going nowhere. So, again, congrats deezul... I'm obviously jealous.
    You are probably not the only one who thinks people who get great scores are cheating. You are the only one making accusations with no proof which is completely different. Call it balls or what ever you want, but IMO its pure ignorance and jealousy.

I guess you have never had a colleague that cheated and still failed.....

You are right this is going nowhere. So this is all I have to say about it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, Security + CCNP (BSCI, BCMSN,ISCW)
    There no use telling him. Networker. he is going to belive what he wants to believe..
    I know im legit honest, and hardworking.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. nel

Certifications
    A+ , Network+, MCSA 2003, CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIA-JunOS, JNCIS-ENT, Bsc(hons) & Msc Degree
    lildeezul, congrats mate. thats some achievement.

Although i can understand what a small minority are saying i truely know and believe you are a genuine guy from your posts and activity in here and you have worked hard to gain your bsci.

Keep up the good work man!

Congrats again.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    ccna - now forgotten; working on relearning it with BSCI
    well, i don't know any of you from Adam but there are super brainy people out there who memorise things no problem. there's just very few of them in comms as they'd mostly be in finance or law on salaries that make a ccie's look like a pauper's wage.

so, really clever people stand out. makes me sick
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28495
    I'm very religious, and the obvious hypocrisy bugged me, so I have avoided dumps since. But if they were handed out so readily by a school, and passed off as study guides and final preps, then you can be sure there's a lot of people who know no better, and haven't really thought it through.

Can't be too harsh on those poor blokes. Just have to hope they've already put in the blood/sweat/tears that the rest of us have.
    What about the hypocrisy of randomly accusing someone with no proof what so ever?

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26920
    I don't mind admitting I dumped my MCSE 2000 (my college provided them, though at the time I didn't know what a dump was).
    That "I didn't know" excuse may work for the first exam -- but after the first exam it's usually obvious to most intelligent people that something is wrong with the study material.

So when someone strolls in here and gets 2 questions wrong on the BSCI??? Are you kidding me?
    So you think people either cheat or are stupid? Maybe you need to hang out with smarter people.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCDE written, CCNP/DP and quite a few more from various vendors.....
    Mikearama admitted he got his MCSE using dumps for 11 out of 12 exams??? hahahaha.......enough said on that one

lildeezul = Congratulations man on the great score, don't let this guy get to you and go kill the BCMSN
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member
    I don't know if you already did, but share to us materials you used, seems pretty solid for the difficulty of this exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. nel

Certifications
    A+ , Network+, MCSA 2003, CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIA-JunOS, JNCIS-ENT, Bsc(hons) & Msc Degree
    hahha, MikeJ, i think you teared him a new one
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCSP, CISSP, MCSE
    Nice find Mike.

So for all you dumpers... that's what it looks like to take responsibility for your actions. I readily admitted that my school (CDI College) handed out dumps when I went there back in 2000, and I used them.

Anyone else? deezul? Or are you still contending that you can get 2 wrong with 33 minutes left legitimately?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Went to the dark side.... Moderator networker050184's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA-JUNOS, JNCIS-SP, JNCIP-SP, MCA200
    Nice find Mike.

So for all you dumpers... that's what it looks like to take responsibility for your actions. I readily admitted that my school (CDI College) handed out dumps when I went there back in 2000, and I used them.

Anyone else? deezul? Or are you still contending that you can get 2 wrong with 33 minutes left legitimately?
    Give it up. Some people are smarter than you. Face the facts.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    A+, Linux+, Server+, Security+, MCSA 2003, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA(expired), ITIL Foundation v3 (2011), VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM
    Nice find Mike.

Honestly, this is what I see. You used to dump your exams, passing with little or no problems. Now, you're studying and you're finding out how difficult these things are. You see others study the same amount of time you do, but pass with higher scores, and it stings. At this point, you're really only trying to start rumors and run and inquisition based solely on the 'feeling' that a person can't do that well on an exam.

At this point, you're backed into a corner after lashing out at "all the dumpers", trying to accuse the whole world of cheating. It's childish, it's petty, and it's quite sad. If someone cheats, they will most likely pay for it in the end when they're asked to back up their cert with work. Running a witch-hunt to try to smear your collegues and fellow TechExams members is disrespectful and downright rude. If you have some proof, then by all means, produce it. As for me, I'm done with you. Let the accusations fly, let the conspiracy-theories run rampant. Just like the dumpers, you'll more than likely face the consequences of your actions, in the end.

Reply With Quote Quote  

16. nel

Certifications
    Whats the big deal if the original poster scored 977 anyway? a pass is a pass? i wouldnt be jealous if someone scored higher than me - plenty have
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    I am quite surprised that MikeJ hasnt locked this thread already. Mud-slinging match eh?

There are plenty of schools that hand out dumps and so many people "recommend" them. People who do use dumps eventually get found out like this guy at my company, he recently "got" his MCSE 2003 in 6 weeks!! He doesnt admit cheating, but the other day he was asking us if a email distribution group is a security group or a distribution group. A couple of weeks ago he came over to confirm what groups can access DHCP. So you see if you didnt admit it, it very easily shows, no matter how much you try to hide it.

BTW, so many people, even on these forums, get very high scores, Paul Boz is a standout example, he commonly gets 950+ scores (there are many many others too) and I can guarantee that they didnt dump their way through, simply because they know their ****.

lildeezul, congratulations mate, well done.

mikearama, chill dude, your in a corner but you still cannot stop accusing people getting high scores simply because you scored "well" by dumping your way through. And dont post here again.
    VCDX: DCV - Round 2 rescheduled (by VMware) for December 2017.

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Essendon
    BTW, so many people, even on these forums, get very high scores, Paul Boz is a standout example, he commonly gets 950+ scores
    I've been thinking about him this whole time (Um, in a completely non-romantic way. Well, mostly ). He's aced at least one pro-level exam and was in the high-900s on his BSCI/BCMSN composite as well as all his others. He clearly knows his stuff.

I'm not sure if it's fair to attack Mike's intelligence over this though; that seems a bit like sinking to his level. It's not simply an issue of one person being smarter than another. Study habits, amount of time studying, etc. all play an important role in one's performance on an exam.

Back on topic, I don't even make a habit of following lildeezul's posts, and I've seen him give good advice and ask solid questions. It was obvious he genuinely wanted to learn the material. I see no reason to believe he cheated. At this point Mike, it really seems like you're just trying to stick to you guns and save face instead of legitimately caring whether he cheated or not.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik
    I've been thinking about him this whole time (Um, in a completely non-romantic way. Well, mostly ).
    Ri-ight. Purely platonic, I'm sure.

Reply With Quote Quote  

20. nel

Certifications
    I've been thinking about him this whole time (Um, in a completely non-romantic way. Well, mostly icon_redface.gif)
    Must be love...LOVE LOVE ...DUH DUH
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, CCSP, CISSP, MCSE
    I'm not sure if it's fair to attack Mike's intelligence over this though; that seems a bit like sinking to his level. It's not simply an issue of one person being smarter than another. Study habits, amount of time studying, etc. all play an important role in one's performance on an exam.
    You are, as always, the voice of reason. I get the impression that slowhand enjoys slinging it as well... he's not shy with the name-calling.

As for the exam, it's really "not simply an issue of one person being smarter"... it's also entirely a psychology exam. Anyone who's taken it will appreciate the trickiness of the wording, the closeness of possible answers, and the material that just isn't covered in ciscopress material. Anyone, IMO, who can be done the exam with 33 minutes left, didn't need to think about the content and reason their way through the tricky wording... never mind only getting a couple wrong.

Back on topic, I don't even make a habit of following lildeezul's posts, and I've seen him give good advice and ask solid questions. It was obvious he genuinely wanted to learn the material. I see no reason to believe he cheated. At this point Mike, it really seems like you're just trying to stick to you guns and save face instead of legitimately caring whether he cheated or not.
    I see this one mentioned a few times... giving good advice and asking solid questions. I'm surprised that this is used 'defensively', since as much as no one wants to admit that 977 and 33 minutes left is indicative of "knowing more than you're supposed to", giving advice and asking questions is certainly not proof of not visiting less than favourable exam prep sites.

Ya know, all things considered, I have been trying to stick to my guns, since nothing anyone has said shakes off my initial gut reaction that it just isn't possible... however, this was a mistake. It was a neat experience to see everyone band together to play the game, and to see how quickly I became the target... particularly you, slowhand... you're all class.

So, hit me one more time with your best... I'm ready.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCDE written, CCNP/DP and quite a few more from various vendors.....
    talk about immature.....give it a rest.

this thread has been completely ruined from it's initial content and is becoming tedious.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Voice.
    mikearama, I think you are not completely off but you are off. You have to understand that there are really smart people, and there are people with really bad cognitive abilities who understand their limitations and study harder than everybody else and get impressive results. You are underestimating both kinds of persons.

Here in my country there is a Cisco academy that is supposedly suggesting dumps to people. I almost downloaded one until I came here to ask about their greatness and everyvody told me it was illegal and I could have my certification cancelled or be banned for life if I used illegal training material. I tell you this because I believe the amount of dumps being use is underestimated on the forums in general, but the information you are using to get to that conclusion is simply flawed.

There are very smart people. There are very smart committed people who get some impressive results. The fact that it takes you several re-reads to understand some wording of a question doesnt mean there are NOT lots and lots of people who can probably finish the last few words of the same question (like a "complete the sentence" exercise) by reading it once.

Accusing somebody based exclusively because he attained something that according to YOUR capability is impossible, is not the biggest demonstration class that you are going to give. That is for sure.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member
    You are, as always, the voice of reason.
    Hey man, my dislike of baseless accusations even applies to people I disagree with

And honestly, with the exception of this thread, I typically enjoy your posts and think you share a lot of good information

I'm with malcy, at this point, it's best to just agree to disagree. Everyone has gotten a chance to express their views (don't succumb to his final provocation Slowhand! ), and it's only going to get more negative and personal from here on out.

I feel that the lesson here is to simply hold back these types of accusations unless there is real evidence. I'm pretty sure everyone was a bit skeptical of his integrity after seeing his results (no offense lildeezul). However, when there is no other evidence besides "doing well," you really can't put together a genuine argument. Believe it or not, we all detest cheaters as much as you do, but I think that "innocent until proven guilty" doctrine applies here at TE as well.

Nothing will ever come from something like this. People will make accusations, the accused will deny them, people will side with one side or the other, and tempers will flare. It's just a waste of everyone's time and drops a load of negativity on an otherwise pleasant and upbeat forum. If he indeed cheated, he's mainly hurting himself, so it's kind of odd that we're expending so much energy arguing over this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    Out of the many lame dumper excuses for cheating, one is that the exam to too hard to pass without "help."

And some people need to morally justify their cheating by believing that everyone else cheats.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks