+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 First 12 345 Last
Results 26 to 50 of 110

Thread: ONT Progress

  1. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #26
    I've got FiOS, so its screaming for me. FTTH is awesome I'm in SoCal. I hate being placed in games that are already going, especially if the game is pretty much over, like the leader has 500 or more points. That kind of deficit is impossible to come back from. I've been put into games that the leader has 800, 900, points. WTF???
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #27
    Havent been reading or studying as much as I should have over the last week. Been moving gyms, now training with Team Quest in Temecula so I'm aclimating to the guys there. Big, strong guys and excellent Brazilian Jiu Jiutsu instructors (world champions, as well as famous) so I think I will do well there.

    Finished Chapter 5 today on congestion avoidance methods, moving on through SDM labs, and starting some MQC labs today. Will be getting some more lab time later tonight, no training tonight.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    921

    Certifications
    A+, SEC +, CCNA, 642-533, CCNP, C|EH
    #28

    Default trial version of CISCO ACS

    I have the lab book for the ISCW and it states that we should be able to download a trial version of ACS that is good for 90 days...

    Is it possible to down load this trial version without a support contract?

    I am not looking for pirated software.

    Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Lost in the box...
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    561

    Certifications
    CCIE R&S and DC, CCIP, CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, Network+, A+, MCDST, MCP, )
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by liven View Post
    I have the lab book for the ISCW and it states that we should be able to download a trial version of ACS that is good for 90 days...

    Is it possible to down load this trial version without a support contract?

    I am not looking for pirated software.

    Thanks.
    Ya, neither myself of SysAdmin could find it either. Luckily I have ACS at work...but I think....correct me if I am wrong, he had Steel-belted radius. It kind of sucks that they dont offer it, as it would probably be helpful to alot of ccnp candidates.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Cisco Moderator mikej412's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    10,190

    Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by liven View Post
    Is it possible to down load this trial version without a support contract?
    I downloaded the 4.x version when I did my CCSP. It looks like the 5.1 version is currently available for download -- but I don't remember if there were any additional steps or instructions.

    Follow the Download Software link on the Cisco Secure Access Server Product Page. You may have to page down and look at the double columns on the right side of the page under the Support Section (not to be confused with the Support web page menu option). The link takes you directly to the ACS Software download options in the download software option tree.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #31
    I tried and tried and tried to find that software. Couldnt find it anywhere. On the Cisco website it asks for a valid contract. And yes, we use Steel Belted Radius at work.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #32
    Need to reread chapter 5, I guess I didnt retain the info as I didnt do well on the chapter questions. I will try and read about half today and half tomorrow. Got some shopping to do, just me and my daughter. Our first outing together without mommy, she is 1. Pray for me!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member Mrock4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,327

    Certifications
    CCDA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE R&S, Security+, CISSP, SCP #2235, CCNA: DC
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by SysAdmin4066 View Post
    Need to reread chapter 5, I guess I didnt retain the info as I didnt do well on the chapter questions. I will try and read about half today and half tomorrow. Got some shopping to do, just me and my daughter. Our first outing together without mommy, she is 1. Pray for me!
    Good luck! For what it's worth, my 4 yr old daughter has always been great with me in public. It's when we're out as a group that she acts up..

    Glad to hear you're still chugging away. I look forward to seeing a pass. I just started on the CCDA material today. It is somewhat interesting to me, but I'm only on page 20..so we'll see what I say in 200 pages
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #34
    Day went swimming, didnt do much shopping though. We got to the mall and she was a perfect angel. Just wanted to get out of the stroller and walk around the stores lol.

    Good luck on the CCDA material, it does look quite interesting. I honestly dont know when I'll be making an attempt. I am late start for work today, and late night for a migration tonight so I'm getting some reading in this morning. Decided to come back to chapter 5 later, and move ahead to chapter 6, QoS Pre-Classify and implementing QoS end to end. Sounds pretty exciting already.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #35
    Just finished QoS Pre-Classify and End to End QoS chapter (6). Maintaining tunnel QoS for none layer 3 information, and basically implementing end to end QoS as topics. Seems like this chapter should have been further forward, but whatever. Done with it, moving on to Chapter 7, AutoQoS. Labbing it today as well. Getting close to picking a date, probably Feb 7th, depending on how strong I feel. Ready to be finished with this track, so I can move on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Senior Member Mrock4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,327

    Certifications
    CCDA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE R&S, Security+, CISSP, SCP #2235, CCNA: DC
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SysAdmin4066 View Post
    Ready to be finished with this track, so I can move on.
    I know the feeling. It sounds like you're gaining momentum, so you should be ready soon. I know what you mean about being ready to move on. I've been very refreshed by the CCDA material, although I find most of the topics barely brush over the technical details I remember studying in the CCNP track. Not that it's a surprise, but it's a definite change.

    Good luck my friend..you're on the final stretch
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #37
    Thanks MRock, good luck on the CCDA material.

    Finished up to Chapter 9 out of 10, about halfway through chapter 9. I plan on finishing up my reading this weekend and focusing on my weak points. Looking more and more like early Feb for this one. I'm finding it hard not to look at my CCIE material
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #38
    Finished reading the exam guide, man was that difficult. Just not real intersted in the topics, VoIP and WLAN were overlaps and pretty interesting. I will be watching vids all this week and just hitting the practice exams. My weakest section is QoS surprise surprise, so I'll be working that in labs and practice topics this week. Still looking like first or second Sunday in Feb for an attempt.

    On another front, i've got my CCIE lab put together. I just need one more router, actually one more router with 2 FE ports. I actually have 12 routers total, 7 switches, it's pretty massive. Pictures coming soon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Senior Member Mrock4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,327

    Certifications
    CCDA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE R&S, Security+, CISSP, SCP #2235, CCNA: DC
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by SysAdmin4066 View Post
    Finished reading the exam guide, man was that difficult. Just not real intersted in the topics, VoIP and WLAN were overlaps and pretty interesting. I will be watching vids all this week and just hitting the practice exams. My weakest section is QoS surprise surprise, so I'll be working that in labs and practice topics this week. Still looking like first or second Sunday in Feb for an attempt.

    On another front, i've got my CCIE lab put together. I just need one more router, actually one more router with 2 FE ports. I actually have 12 routers total, 7 switches, it's pretty massive. Pictures coming soon.
    What's your lab consist of? I'm starting to piece mine together as well. It will basically mirror the INE v4 topology with 1841's, 2 3550's, 2 3560's, etc. Until it's all together and functional I'll be using dynamips and rack rentals though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    120

    Certifications
    CCNP
    #40
    I'm starting to study for the ONT now. It feels pretty good to be on the last exam, but I have this strange anxious feeling. I want to be done!

    Are you doing any labs for the wireless stuff? I'm thinking I can get away with just studying Cisco documentation for that part ( like I did for the BCMSN ). Buying a WLC is just too expensive, even on ebay.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. The Bringer of Light DevilWAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,963

    Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, ITIL Foundation, CCNP SWITCH,ROUTE, Zoology BSc,
    #41
    as i understand you need a cco login but you don't need a support contract.

    you can get one of them jsut by signing up
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #42
    CCO login didnt work for me Devil, have you been able to download it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by yuriz43 View Post
    Are you doing any labs for the wireless stuff? I'm thinking I can get away with just studying Cisco documentation for that part ( like I did for the BCMSN ). Buying a WLC is just too expensive, even on ebay.
    I wont be labbing the wireless at all, I will try to get away with just knowing or refreshing the theory. I feel you on this anxious feeling, I am ready to be finished. I've been putting a lot of effort into putting my CCIE lab together as opposed to the CCNP lab I had. Starting the home stretch for this exam though, basically practical application, videos and practice exams. I'm thinking about 2 weeks from this Sunday. When's your date?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #44
    [QUOTE=Mrock4;376890]What's your lab consist of?QUOTE]

    I'm following the INE lab recommendations as well with some substitutions in there. I've got all of the hardware, with the exception of 1 2611xm router, which is on the way and should be here this week. For my core routers (R1-R6) I've got 1 3640, 3 2620xms, and that aforementioned 2611xm that's on its way. For a Frame Relay switch, i've got a 3620 with 2 NM-1E2Ws and 4 WIC-2Ts. For backbone routers, i've got 3 2610s. And last but not least, for my 4 switches I went with 4 3550s. 3 24PWR models and 1 48 port non pwr model. 3560s were entirely too much, so i'll probably just rent for what I'm missing when it comes to layer 2. I'm waiting on a few modules, a few cables, got some more cables to make and then i'm ready. I'll be purchasing INE labs I and II in the next week or so.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Senior Member Mrock4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,327

    Certifications
    CCDA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE R&S, Security+, CISSP, SCP #2235, CCNA: DC
    #45
    Good plan..it's very similar to mine, although I suspect I'll be a couple of months behind you- gathering equipment. I want 3560's as well, but they are quite pricey. I still have 100+ hrs of rack rentals left over from my last attempt, so I may also get 4 3550's. I've got the Vol I & Vol II labs, and the INE Advanced tech class CoD. I have nothing but good things to say about the ATC so far, although I've only skimmed the surface as I'm doing a lot of reading these days.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Lost in the box...
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    561

    Certifications
    CCIE R&S and DC, CCIP, CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, Network+, A+, MCDST, MCP, )
    #46
    Henry,
    How goes it man? Since we are both hitting the ONT I thought I would tell you about some decent free labs I found by accident. INE's sample chapter from Vol1 WB is all QoS stuff. Seems alot more practical than what the ONT portfolio has in it (which kinda sucks in my opinion). Its mostly MQC stuff, but their explanations seem excellent. You guys kinda have me thinking whether to completely build my RS lab., or to move on...my stuff is at the bottom. Seems like I would need 3 rtrs supporting MPLS, Frame Switch, and 2x 3560's to complete it (per INE's topology) so I dont know. Maybe just get the 3560's, and Dynamips the rest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. The Bringer of Light DevilWAH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,963

    Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, ITIL Foundation, CCNP SWITCH,ROUTE, Zoology BSc,
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by SysAdmin4066 View Post
    CCO login didnt work for me Devil, have you been able to download it?
    Sorry I was told it worked with only a CCO login, however I have a partner access on the account I use. And also have just brought ACS5.1 for work so I dont have a problem getting hold of it.

    I also have the demo version but you need a licence to install it. let me see if i can find it for you.

    I keep thinking i should stay where I am. I get to install ACS 5.1 in a large switch network over the next few months, all on my own. Should make that part of the CCNP a piece of cake!! OK money might be pants but its like one big lab


    update: I just checked it seems you do need an better account to download it. May be worth asking cisco for access. tis a 60day trial and you will need vmware..
    Last edited by DevilWAH; 01-28-2010 at 09:14 PM.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #48
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_lunde View Post
    Henry,
    How goes it man? Since we are both hitting the ONT I thought I would tell you about some decent free labs I found by accident. INE's sample chapter from Vol1 WB is all QoS stuff. Seems alot more practical than what the ONT portfolio has in it (which kinda sucks in my opinion). Its mostly MQC stuff, but their explanations seem excellent. You guys kinda have me thinking whether to completely build my RS lab., or to move on...my stuff is at the bottom. Seems like I would need 3 rtrs supporting MPLS, Frame Switch, and 2x 3560's to complete it (per INE's topology) so I dont know. Maybe just get the 3560's, and Dynamips the rest.
    Man, were we brothers seperated at birth or something Jason? I noticed that too, and I just purchased the INE Vols I, II and IV so i'm definitely thinking that's what i'll be doing for the labs from here on out. I'm ready to be finished with this. I stayed away from the 3560s because they are just way too expensive. 4 3550s will do for most everything and the few things it wont do for, I will just rent some rack time. I'll post some pictures and list what i've got in the CCIE forum once I'm completely done prepping, I just received my final router today, a 2611xm. Waiting on some more serial cables, some modules, wics and to finish making the last few crossovers.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Senior Member SysAdmin4066's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    443

    Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA, MCITP EA, MCSE, MCSA, multiple MCTS, MCP, CISSP, CTP
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWAH View Post
    Sorry I was told it worked with only a CCO login, however I have a partner access on the account I use. And also have just brought ACS5.1 for work so I dont have a problem getting hold of it.

    I also have the demo version but you need a licence to install it. let me see if i can find it for you.

    I keep thinking i should stay where I am. I get to install ACS 5.1 in a large switch network over the next few months, all on my own. Should make that part of the CCNP a piece of cake!! OK money might be pants but its like one big lab


    update: I just checked it seems you do need an better account to download it. May be worth asking cisco for access. tis a 60day trial and you will need vmware..
    Lol dude, I totally went down this road, chatted with a Cisco employee and they pointed me down the same road and it was all for naught. I ended up just using a different RADIUS/TACACS server for those labs.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Manila Philippines
    Posts
    164

    Certifications
    BS Computer Science, A+, Linux +, MCSA 2003, CCNP
    #50
    SysAdmin were you able to come up with anyway to study the WCS and Cisco Works WLSE for the wireless section? I just started on the ONT and I don't see trial versions for these programs. So other than memorization how do we get exposure to these technologies before the exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 First 12 345 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks