+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA Security
    You might be a network person if you cannot explain what you do at work on a daily basis to anyone besides the great folks at TE.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Net+, CCNA, CCDA, CCN RS, CCDP
    It took my wife over a year to understand what I did at my NOC job. I asked her what do you tell people I do if you don't understand it? She said it didn't matter cause those people wouldn't understand it either.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA Security
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzer919 View Post
    It took my wife over a year to understand what I did at my NOC job. I asked her what do you tell people I do if you don't understand it? She said it didn't matter cause those people wouldn't understand it either.
    Lol...pretty funny. I gave up trying to explain what I do, or what a switch or router is. I have the same answer nowadays..."I work in IT". One time my GF uncle asked me what I did and I said "work in IT" and he replied "what is IT"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, CCENT, CCNA:R&S, CCNA:W, CCNP:R&S
    My other half's grandfather asked me what I do at work. I told him I was in the business of networking. He asked me if Facebook paid good...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkerz View Post
    My other half's grandfather asked me what I do at work. I told him I was in the business of networking. He asked me if Facebook paid good...
    Ouch....
    Currently working on: Resting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. MIPS processor please Mishra's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2012, MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE 2003, MCTS: Vista, VCP4, AAS
    I recently watched Jurassic Park again for the first time in a long time. I actually admire the attempt at actually making the technology sound proper. I had no idea they tried.

Most movies there is a magical interface that you can do everything in the click of 1 button. Or a hacker gets to a login prompt and elbows the keyboard and it's hacked somehow.

However, the worst part of it was when the girl gets to the computer when the raptors are attacking and says "Gasp! It's UNIX! I know this!" Then starts clicking her way around a GUI....
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP:Voice, CCNA:V(IIUC), CCNA, CCENT, Security +, Network +, A+,CIW
    I say I make the internet work for my company. People usually shut up then, and I don't get clumped into the help-desk arena.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Net+, CCNA, CCDA, CCN RS, CCDP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkerz View Post
    Dislike -- sorry I had to
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chmorin View Post
    I say I make the internet work for my company. People usually shut up then, and I don't get clumped into the help-desk arena.
    I'm a little more flippant. I usually say I keep the internet running so people can get their ****, twitter, and facebook.

That's gotten some... interesting reactions.

Nobody wants to hear about my daily struggles integrating our network with that of a Fortune 500 company, or the pain in the rear that FFEIC compliance is. But everyone understands facebook and ****.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galoryber View Post
    or how bought this one

your keychain consists of : your house key, car key, and an IronKey (amongst other usb's, ha)
    don't forget RSA token, assorted server rack keys, and other random certificate based fob
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP CCIP CCSP CCVP CCDP CCDA CCNA CS-CIPSS CS-CIPTDS CS-CIPTOS CS-CIPCSS CS-CFWS CS-CVPNS CS-CISecS ISSP 4013 4011
    You might be a network person if the song powering your day is Networking by Warren Zevon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Or how about if you actually recognized the exploit that Trinity used in The Matrix Reloaded.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks