I was interviewed last week and I received a job offer and I would like to share the question that I was asked. Remember this job was only for routing and switching technologies, no security or other thechnologies.
Interview Question for Network Engineer Job
Switch to Switch Connectivity
1. Name the VTP Modes?
2. How can you configure a switch port to be a trunk?
3. What command do you use to allow Vlans on a trunk?
4. How can you assign a vlan to a switch port?
5. Can you explain PortFast on a switch?
6. What the steps that PortFast ignore?
1. Explain HSRP?
2. What command do you use to make sure that a wanted device is going to be an active mode?
3. How can you make all the Vlan uses the HSRP active device without using the switchport trunk allow vlan command?
4. What is the default priority number on HSRP?
1. Explain spanning tree?
2. How can you configure a switch to be a root-bridge?
3. What is the default priority on a switch?
4. What command to use to change the priority on a switch?
Etherchannel – Port Channel
1. Explain Etherchannel?
2. Can I bundle two different type of interface ex. a fastethernet with gigabitethernet?
3. How can you configure Etherchannel?
4. Is Etherchannel a layer 2 or layer 3 technology?
1. Explain EIGRP?
2. Explain BGP?
3. If you have two ISP provider and you want to have a primary line and backup, how can you control the flow from you side to the provider and coming back from the provider?
4. What is the AD for EIGRP and BGP
5. What command you use to establish neighbor with a BGP peer?
6. What command to use to advertise neighbor on EIGRP?
1. Explain how trace route works?
2. What command to use to verify that BGP neighbor has been established?
3. What extra option do you have beside the basics when using ping?