+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CIW: Web Foundations; MCTS: Active Directory; MCP: 2000 Professional; CNA: NetWare 5; CompTIA A+

Default TSHOOT Topology Equipment

I'm currently working on ROUTE, but came across the TSHOOT Topology. Cisco gives you the topology [for the TSHOOT Exam], but doesn't say what equipment you'll need.

ASW1 -- 2960-24TT-L (?)

ASW2 -- 2960-24TT-L (?)

DSW1 -- 3560-48PS-S (I'll need to install the EMI Image)

DSW2 -- I have 3550s with the EMI Image installed, but I was thinking I'll probably need another 3560 or 3750 for full IPv6 Support. I was planning [when I have some extra money] to buy a 3750 so that I'd have both (3560 and 3750)

R1 -- 2811 ISR

R2 -- 1760?

R3 -- 1760? (I'd use the 2801 ISR, but the first HWIC/WIC slot (all-zeroes), which is used in the topology - only supports VICs)

R4 -- 2821 ISR

ISP (Not Shown) -- 2801 ISR. This seems to only be needed for BGP and there is no mention of IPv6, so I should be able to use almost any router with a Serial Port? Since this only influences, but is not configurable [on the exam], which slot I have to use for WICs is a non-issue in this role)

WAN (Not Shown) -- 3745? I assume I could use just about anything with 4 x Serial Connections. The practice tickets on Cisco's site are using Frame Relay to simulate point-to-point leased lines: R1 <--> R2 <--> R3 <--> R4
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP, CCNA Security
    Unless you are planning to continue on to CCIE, building a lab specifically for TSHOOT is probably not the greatest investment. If money is no object, then by all means. I would recommend using what you already have to "practice" troubleshooting.

I was able to use Boson Ex-Sim for TSHOOT and it was a great resource by itself. I built the layer 3 toplogy using GNS3 as well just to get an idea of the configuration. Realistically, you can pass TSHOOT without study if you're solid with the technologies in SWITCH and ROUTE.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNP(R&S)
    Just connect 4 switches to a GNS3 topology. That would save you buying all the routers.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CIW: Web Foundations; MCTS: Active Directory; MCP: 2000 Professional; CNA: NetWare 5; CompTIA A+
    Quote Originally Posted by iamme4eva View Post
    Just connect 4 switches to a GNS3 topology. That would save you buying all the routers.
    I have enough physical routers [from CCNA]...Mostly, I wanted to know if the routers and switches I listed would do everything required or if I would need more ISRs [and if I needed another 3560]. If you can do everything in GNS3, then the 1760s should be just fine [for R1-R4].
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks