+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Passed DCUCI

  1. nel
    nel is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,847

    Certifications
    A+ , Network+, MCSA 2003, CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIA-JunOS, JNCIS-ENT, Bsc(hons) & Msc Degree
    #1

    Default Passed DCUCI

    Hey guys,

    I have been working in the DC space with UCS/Nexus lately and recently took the DCUCI course. So it made sense i gave this exam a shot

    Thankfully i managed to pass it today with a score in the 800's. Not the best of scores but i felt it was a true reflection of my performance in the exam.

    For the exam i used material from the following sources:

    1. Cisco DCUCI instructor led course - * this alone was not enough to pass imo.
    2. INE CCIE DC written videos.
    3. Cisco UCS configuration guides.
    4. Cisco UCS whitepapers
    5. Most of the docs recommended by cisco to read on the Cisco DCUCI learning network page.
    6. Hands on experience in the field - I found this vital for the exam and was the main reason i got through it.
    7. UCS simulator
    8. Cisco PEC labs.

    Next up is the DCUCD exam to complete the Data centre unified computing design specialist cert.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    50

    Certifications
    CCNP R&S, VCP5, MCITP:EA, CCNA, CCENT, A+, N+
    #2
    Well done on the pass, I bet it wasn't easy!

    I have been working on some UCS at work lately, I'm a big fan of it

    I did the instructor led course in July (at DDLS Brisbane), how did you find the course?? I thought it was pretty ordinary. None of the storage worked so the labs were pretty useless up to a point which really annoyed me!

    It's been kind of a baptism by fire for me and UCS, I had to get a blade repaired the other day, so I decommissioned it, removed it, when we put it back in it reset both IOM's and, in turn, a large portion of our voice infrastructure lost network and storage connectivity... lucky it fails over to our other site... but still, it was very awkward walking out of the data centre and hearing everyone go 'all the phones just rebooted'. Not my fault but still a low point in my career! I have a TAC case open and they can't find the root cause as yet so I'm a little bit reluctant when it comes to doing work on it... once bitten twice shy I guess.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Network Consultant FloOz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,588

    Certifications
    B.S. CSIT; CompTIA A+, Network+; CCNA, DA; CCNP R&S; CCDP
    #3
    Congrats!!! I as well want to get involved in the Data Center track after I complete CCNP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. nel
    nel is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,847

    Certifications
    A+ , Network+, MCSA 2003, CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIA-JunOS, JNCIS-ENT, Bsc(hons) & Msc Degree
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch179 View Post
    Well done on the pass, I bet it wasn't easy!

    I have been working on some UCS at work lately, I'm a big fan of it

    I did the instructor led course in July (at DDLS Brisbane), how did you find the course?? I thought it was pretty ordinary. None of the storage worked so the labs were pretty useless up to a point which really annoyed me!

    It's been kind of a baptism by fire for me and UCS, I had to get a blade repaired the other day, so I decommissioned it, removed it, when we put it back in it reset both IOM's and, in turn, a large portion of our voice infrastructure lost network and storage connectivity... lucky it fails over to our other site... but still, it was very awkward walking out of the data centre and hearing everyone go 'all the phones just rebooted'. Not my fault but still a low point in my career! I have a TAC case open and they can't find the root cause as yet so I'm a little bit reluctant when it comes to doing work on it... once bitten twice shy I guess.
    Thanks guys. Yeah, the exam wasnt easy but it wasnt as hard as other NP exams. I found it frustrating more than anything! Silly little facts and figures which have no place in an exam imo ha. Brian McGahan mentioned on INE that the CCIE DC written is also like that.

    I agree on the course. I took the course at the cisco offices in WA. The instructor was very good and knowledgable. He knew his stuff. However, the course was cut down from 5 days to 3. So looking back, it was a very basic intro into UCS. It kind of felt like a mish mash because you would skip between different chapters and the flow was disruptive.

    I just wish it was easier to get access to simulations for equipment on the DC track. I would love to go all the way on this one
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Network Engineer Dieg0M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    853

    Certifications
    CCIE #48240, CCDP
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by nel View Post
    I found it frustrating more than anything! Silly little facts and figures which have no place in an exam imo ha.
    When I study for exams and I read a silly little fact, I just know it's gonna be in the exam . Congrats on the pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Netzwerksicherheit Master Of Puppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    1,175

    Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP R&S, CCNP Security
    #6
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member DAVIS NGUYEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,438

    Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    #7
    Congrats on the pass
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. lrb
    lrb is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    522

    Certifications
    CCIEx2 #45527 (RS,SP)
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nel View Post
    1. Cisco DCUCI instructor led course - * this alone was not enough to pass imo.
    I'm surprised you say this as most of the cisco exams (and the cert guides) are based on the official course materials used by these training vendors. Nevertheless, congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks