+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCA5-DCV, CEH, ECSA, CHFI, ITILv3, CND

Default Can we self study CheckPoint Firewall certification?

1. Are we allowed to self study and then take the exams? Or is it a criteria we have to take up official course (like VMware) before we are allowed/recognized for exam taking?

2. If we are allowed to self study and then take the exams, how can we go about doing the labs on our own?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. DPG
    1. There is no requirement to attend an official course before taking the exam.

2. You can setup a lab using one of the many virtualization platforms available. The Check Point software is available for free.

Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    VCA5-DCV, CEH, ECSA, CHFI, ITILv3, CND
    Dear DPG, thank you very much for your input, it helps me to research more on it. Thanks again!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Thanks DPG. I just accepted a position at a place that uses CheckPoint so I will be digging into it as well.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GCFE, GSEC, CCNA, CCNA:Security, CCSA(exp), Security+, Network+, Linux+, Server+, A+, Project+, CEH, CHFI
    The downside on self study is that there isn't as much study material available as for other courses. There's a set of R75 videos on Udemy and R76 on CBT Nuggets, but books and lab exercises are lacking (or i've just not come across).

I was lucky enough to have my employer purchase the official Check Point CCSA study material for a mere $600. Great resource though! Should be repeating for CCSE in 2015.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA
    I can't get CCSE materials on check point store, anybody know where to get CCSE Gaia Study material for purchase ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member
    Please set up a lab and do hands on practical on Checkpoint then go for exam . As in exam so many questions are related to Checkpoint UI based so until it will help you to pass the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Roaming teh Bytes OfWolfAndMan's Avatar

Certifications
    A/L/P/S+, CCNP R&S, CCDA, CCDP, CCNA R&S/Sec, ACIS ERS 8K & VSP 9K, BS: IT Security
    Quote Originally Posted by DPG View Post
    2. You can setup a lab using one of the many virtualization platforms available. The Check Point software is available for free.
    I setup an account, but I still can't download the R77 or R76 VM software. So what do you mean by "free"?
    Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation Goals: Bash Shell/Python Automation Refinement [], CCIE R&S Written [X], AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (Maybe) [] CCIE R&S Counter: Somewhere between zero and infinity
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Fireman

Certifications
    A+ Network+ CCSA CCSE CCSE+ CCMSE+Provider-1 CCMSE+VSX CCMA
    Press RETURN to get started

Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member Registered Member
    I am trying to get VMs with multiple NICS to communicate adn am using VMWare player but even though I have configured 2 different IP subnets on same virtual switch for each subnet I cannot even ping between the 2 directly connected addresses (on different Windows VMs). Have checked with someone who works with VMs and they seem to think that my approach is correct. Does anyone have any ideas? The reason I mentioned VMs in a Checkpoint forum is because this is so I can install multiple Checkpoint devices.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks