+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA

Default Booked CCSA for October 22nd having not looked at study material at all

Hey all,

I scraped through CCNA on Saturday (having booked the re-sit on Wednesday) and told my wife it was too stressful, I need to be more prepared next time.

Then yesterday I went on the Pearson Vue website to see if they offer Checkpoint exams and I booked my CCSA for a month away. Oops. But the deadline helps motivate me to study.

I used the Gaia GUI at work for changing and pushing policies but I have never touched the CLI. General maintenance, backing up and monitoring is not in my remit. I don't setup or manage VPN's so there is a lot of new material.

I am going to use r76 CBT nuggets, and the Checkpoint Administrators Guide and I also have two official looking manuals 'Security Administration Student Manual' and 'Security Administration Lan Manual' kindly lent to me by a colleague who did a course.

Here we go!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    Good Luck!

I definitely recommenced going through all the various admin guides. This is certainly a lot of content to cover, but none of it is deeply technical, and if you're working with CP products at work I think you'll be able to absorb content quite easily.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA
    hi doxthefox,

Agreed, it does seem to be sinking in quite well although I definitely won't be counting my chickens yet!

I have installed the Gaia 77.3 on VMWare locally and SmartDashboard on my PC. I am not going bother getting everything setup exactly per the lab book I have, but I will have a play around with the labs.

Fingers crossed, exam is a month today. I'll be gutted if I don't pass Ł150 down the tubes.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA
    Studies are progressing well. I have read the study manual cover to cover (it's only small) and moved onto CBT nuggets. Once I have completed the nuggets I will have a look at the official guide on the website then go back over some stuff. I'll also have a look through these threads for study tips.

I've been playing around with my local SmartDashboard install too. Just over 3 weeks to the exam.

(This study is a thousand times more organised than my CCNA study was!).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quite a lot of employers are asking for CheckPoint, Palo Alto and F5 certs or experience. Keep it up and share your experiences. I will like to take on one of these materials early next year.
    Those who have been intoxicated with power... can never willingly abandon it.
    Edmund Burke
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    Yes keep us informed,many are seeing security certs means only ceh,cissp but checkpoint certs are also valuable in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks