+ Reply to Thread
  1. jso

Certifications
    MCSE. Finally.

Default CCP-V & CCA-V 7.6 Beta Exams - Free for first 100

Hi All.

Pearsonvue have jumped the gun and announced the beta Citrix exams. At this moment only the CCP-V is available to book, but according to

Citrix :: Pearson VUE

For a limited time, be among the first 100 candidates to sign up for and sit the 1Y1-201 Managing Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions beta exam or the 1Y1-301 Deploying Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions beta exam by February 26, 2015. Please note, as these are beta exams, no pass/fail decisions will be provided immediately upon completing these exams. In accordance with the standard Citrix beta exam process, pass/fail decisions will be provided within 8 weeks after the close of the beta period.

The 1Y1-201 Citrix Managing XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions beta exam is associated with the Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (CCA - V) certification. Obtaining a passing score on this exam will count towards the CCA - V certification.

The 1Y1-301 Citrix Deploying XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions beta exam is associated with the Citrix Certified Professional– Virtualization (CCP - V) certification. Obtaining a passing score on this exam will count towards the CCP - V certification.

Please note: If you have not got a CCA-V you will not be awarded a CCP-V, so make sure you schedule your tests accordingly.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. jso

Certifications
    MCSE. Finally.
    Btw, if you are thinking this is a free lunch, you are mistaken. There are a lot of questions to answer in a small amount of time.
    Last edited by jso; 01-27-2015 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Updated info
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by jso View Post
    Btw, if you are thinking this is a free lunch, you are mistaken. There are a lot of questions to answer in a small amount of time.
    I made that mistake in taking the Netscaler 10.5 beta exams. I'm a casual Netscaler admin...performing tasks here and there as needed. To pass those exams, though, you need to know your stuff.

I posted a topic just like this when those exams were released for free. After I gave a post-exam review, the entire thread was deleted. There was nothing there in violation of NDA, so I've wondered what that was about. If a mod could explain that to me, it would be appreciated.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. jso

Certifications
    MCSE. Finally.
    I forgot to post after completing my exam. It was a hard slog. I only got halfway through reviewing my answers, before I had had enough. I still had 19 minutes left on the clock, but my brain was mush.

It would be interesting to see what questions end up in the final exam. I knew they were going to ask questions on permissions but it felt like 25% of all questions had something to do with permissions (no I'm not saying what the permissions are in relation to or for which product - read the exam guide).

No idea if I passed. I didn't think that many questions were real world.

Anyone else completed the exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    Agreed, definitely a hard slog! Would prefer the exam with a simulation or two vs 167 questions!

No idea if I passed either, have you got your results yet/how long did it take?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. jso

Certifications
    MCSE. Finally.
    I believe Citrix takes their sweet time with beta exams. Not sure why. So I'm guessing mid April would be the earliest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member
    Is this offer still available?
    I am not able to see at www.training.citrix.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks