+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: XenCenter error

  1. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7
    #1

    Default XenCenter error

    I'm currently studying for the CCA-V cert and getting this XenCenter error "Unable to mount the directory specified in device configuration request" when I try to create new storage repository. I read that checking 'Use different user name' option usually works, but that's not case with me. Any ideas?? Thanks!

    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Member thronetm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    87

    Certifications
    MCITP:EA Server 2008, MCSE: Server 2012, Citrix CCE-V
    #2
    Hey

    What are you trying to mount, a CIFS Share on a file server or?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by thronetm View Post
    Hey

    What are you trying to mount, a CIFS Share on a file server or?
    That's right, sorry for not saying. Cannot create CIFS ISO Library.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Member thronetm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    87

    Certifications
    MCITP:EA Server 2008, MCSE: Server 2012, Citrix CCE-V
    #4
    Hmm, should be straight forward. Try IP address instead of hostname and use AD credentials or local depending on what way your environment is set up. Can you ping the ISO Library server from XenServer CLI?

    Go to XenServer CLI -> ping x.x.x.x
    Last edited by thronetm; 11-18-2015 at 02:27 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by thronetm View Post
    Hmm, should be straight forward. Try IP address instead of hostname and use AD credentials or local depending on what way your environment is set up. Can you ping the ISO Library server from XenServer CLI?

    Go to XenServer CLI -> ping x.x.x.x
    Tried that aswell but no luck. Hmm, can you tell me more about ISO Library server? Very likely I missed some step regarding that. My XenServer IP is 192.168.159.130, don't if that goes for ISO Library server.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member xenodamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    755
    #6
    He's just asking if you're able to successfully ping from the XenServer CLI to the system that you're hoping to host the CIFS share on - the one you're trying/failing to create the storage repository on.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by xenodamus View Post
    He's just asking if you're able to successfully ping from the XenServer CLI to the system that you're hoping to host the CIFS share on - the one you're trying/failing to create the storage repository on.
    Yes I can ping it normally. Also tried this command aswell:

    xe sr-create name-label=Local type=iso
    device-config:legacy_mode=true
    device-config:location=/vm/iso content-type=iso
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7
    #8
    xe sr-create name-label=Local type=iso
    device-config:legacy_mode=true
    device-config:location=/vm/iso content-type=iso
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7
    #9
    don't mind that command, wrong command. sorry
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Member thronetm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    87

    Certifications
    MCITP:EA Server 2008, MCSE: Server 2012, Citrix CCE-V
    #10
    If you can ping from XenServer to file server then nothing should be stopping you

    Make sure you have actually created a folder you want to use as your ISO library and make sure that folder is shared with the correct permissions. Try browsing the share from your PC via \\servername\sharename to ensure you can connect as this might be an issue on Windows end
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by thronetm View Post
    If you can ping from XenServer to file server then nothing should be stopping you

    Make sure you have actually created a folder you want to use as your ISO library and make sure that folder is shared with the correct permissions. Try browsing the share from your PC via \\servername\sharename to ensure you can connect as this might be an issue on Windows end
    used this command: mkdir -p /var/opt/xen/ISO_Store
    try browsing the share but no luck, can't find it. any other way to create ISO folder??
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member thenjduke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    892

    Certifications
    MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP EA, MCSE 2012, CCNA, VCP 5, CCA, CCEE, CCIA, CCE-V
    #12
    Did you make sure the share has full permissions ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks